We had a choice of Pear or Lemon Zinger. There wasn't even any garnish! Beverage director Natalie Johnson and chef Nick Anderer devised the special to lure customers in during slow afternoons and accidentally caught heat from New Yorks State Liquor Authority. Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic, Announcement: Upgrade Your Horizon ~ Sponsored by Regent Seven Seas Cruises. My father and I ate here last night and were thoroughly disappointed. I went here for a group lunch while in NOLA for a conference. Antoine's offers 25 cent cocktails with lunch. The ad needs to be seductive, right? The location is only 2 blocks from Royal and 3 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name "SoBou" forSouth of Bourbon). The intention for this drink special, regardless of what happened, was for this to last for the month of January. Started June 21, 2021, By I did the three course special a few years ago. The martinis, available in three colorful flavors as well as in its classic form, are full-sized and easy to drink. Powered by Invision Community. Our Facebook post practically blew up when we posted a selfie we took at the restaurant and almost every comment was about the martinis. Sure, the Garden Room has a drop ceiling, indoor/outdoor carpet and doric columns but, for some reason, it all works. Where youre offering people unlimited food and then they can get some drinks. Of course we do not for the record want to be in noncompliance with anything that the SLA dictates. Of the two, I prefer Commander's. If you have the opportunity to experience a Jazz Brunch, take it. It's much less formal, but their lunch has been very tasty and good value the times I have gone. Fish overcooked, hollaindaise didnt taste like hollaindaise. Make a reservation at Antoine's Restaurant, where prix fixe lunch rings in at $20.11 and includes three courses of decadent dishes, such as oysters Rockefeller, breaded veal and meringue glac. It was just a hunk of fish thrown on a plate. And sometimes it is not a martini, just depends. 14 Amsterdam Food Favorites You Will Love, 28 of the Best Copenhagen Restaurants, Bars and Markets (2022), Naples Pizza Guide 11 Pizzerias Not to Miss, 20 Iconic New Orleans Restaurants (2022 Update), 22 Best Food Stalls at Time Out Market Lisbon (2022 Update), What Its Like to Eat at Septime in Paris, 30 of the Best Bologna Restaurants | Bologna Food Guide, 16 Things We Love and Hate About Living in Portugal, 35 of the Best Porto Restaurants, Bars and Markets (2022 Update). It is about 10.25 inches tall. Wonderful culinary surprise! WEST VILLAGE, NY The beginning of 2022 has not exactly been sunshine and roses in New York City, and now the state's government is bringing the hammer down on a West Village bar offering 25. We had suggested to us and took the lunch special with several selections. Friday's 25 cent martinis, New Orleans style, a maximum of five per person! Antoine's Restaurant 713 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2182 (French Quarter) +1 504-581-4422 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #282 of 1,908 Restaurants in New Orleans 3,474 Reviews Price range: $30 - $80 Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French More restaurant details runner6326 Traverse City, MI 32 14 Reviewed May 5, 2011 Omicron was really that punch in the gut that left all of us kind of feeling like, blah. Plus, it was practically a cheap eats meal at $22. Lincoln Community Playhouse will present "The Mountaintop" by Katori Hall with performances Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 3-5 at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays. Thats not the kind of thing that we normally do. We ordered some house white wine which was served in the most ridiculous excuses for wine glasses I've ever seen. Source : franceinfo - Radio France - 30/12/2022 Leur promettant un avenir meilleur en Europe, cet homme d'origine libyenne exploitait les migrants dans des activits de prostitution ou d'esclavage moderne. You have to decide which experience you want. And dining at Antoine's and Commander's Palaceare completely different experiences. We love pizza, coffee, fine dining, wine, street food and cocktails. Antoine's Restaurant 713 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2182 (French Quarter) +1 504-581-4422 Website E-mail Improve this listing Ranked #283 of 1,909 Restaurants in New Orleans 3,475 Reviews Price range: $30 - $80 Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French More restaurant details Aeriel C Renton, Washington 14 5 Reviewed March 28, 2016 Crafty. The French onion soup was also very good. The skin wasn't even removed! NJ: It comes down to language. Lets start by saying that Commanders Palace, when its in full swing, feeds a lot of diners. Lover of all things comedy, photography, and travel related. antoine's 25 cent martinis. In fact, it may not have made our list at all. The place is not without its quirks: the waiters in ill-fitted tuxedoes and crooked bow ties, the ladies sitting in the main dining room behind a desk tallying the evening's proceeds, wine chilled in tin milk pails, the fact that servers pick up tables as they become available rather than in a given section, meaning that they are scurrying between the 14 dining rooms, and the afore-mentioned decor. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. They also feature the Commanders Palace 25 cent Martini specials for lunch (3 max) as well. Pimm's Cup. NJ: They sent someone whos called, I guess, an investigator. NJ: Yeah, and thats not the point which is frustrating too, because you know, people now on the internet and Instagram are like, Why dont you just charge me for a sandwich or charge me for the cocktail and give me a 25 cent sandwich? Which would be legal, I think, but its like, thats just not the point. Plus, it was included with Daryls meal, so it was theoretically the only choice. mafig, December 16, 2018 in New Orleans. I asked this on another board and someone mentioned SoBou. Feel free to email me at [email protected]. chicken a tad on the dry side. The Anton's martini was briefly priced at 25 cents through a weekday lunch special. The rich palette of farm-raised products and bayou gifts Louisiana has to offer fill the menu. Very good. 10; Caipirinha. Worst service I have ever had by waiter--go elsewhere, plenty of unreal spots in NoLa Andrea O'Dowd: Lunch time is perfect. It cost us $9.50. One of New Orleans' historic Grand Dame restaurants, this iconic blue building has one of the most delightful lunches in the city, and the quarter martinis are just the cherry on top. Maker" on the left side. I just noticed that (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? We're constantly working to improve and impress. Ive been to Commanders Palace and I had those 25 cent martinis. Yes, you can have Turtle Soup as your soup with the two course special. Winning! But we also offer a vodka version, which is prepared the same way pre-stirred and comes straight from the freezer. Have done it many times. Made Gin or Brandy, Triple Sec, fresh lemon juice, and Champagne. I chose the salad with an apple vinagrette dressing, flat iron steak and chocolate mousse which were all fantastic. But you won't go wrong with either. We split an order of potatoes au gratin and broccoli with hollandaise. Dessert was the worst part of it. Was the response immediate?NJ: I would say it took a couple of days. I had turtle soup, duck confit and bread pudding souffle. Guests were able to purchase $0.25 martinis and manhattans during lunch hours if they had also purchased food. Right. Sometimes, when youre waiting by a kiosk to spend $17 on a sad salad with wiltinggreens, you start to daydream of a better world: One in which you are, instead, sitting down to a nice lunch at a restaurant with drinks so cheap you dont even think twice about ordering a second round. It was wild. New Orlean's oldest restaurant, Antoine's is both a restaurant and historic landmark. Natalie Johnson: Yeah. Let us know if you see anything that needs to be updated in this article. It's maybe a 10 minute walk from Harrah's, certainly less than $10 on Uber. Revue Projet. Commanders is one of the finest restaurants in America. We came to Antoine's on the basis of its history and the oysters Rockefella. We werent at the restaurant at the time, so he spoke with our manager and let him know that this was breaking this law and we couldnt proceed. Were seducing you in with 25 cent martinis, but youre going to come and eat a $24 entree, and were not going to send you out on the street drunk on your ass because this happens 12:00 to 3:00 p.m., three days a week. Service, quality, atmosphere. Look at the bottom of the lunch menu, under entrees in smaller print. We were finally approached and seated at the worst table in the room, directly in front of the kitchen doors and practically in the doorway of another room. Our exquisite private rooms accommodate from 14 to 300, with a seating capacity of over 700. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. You can't go by the menu on line for Commander's. Every now and then, it can be a delight to treat yourself to an extraordinary lunch. 8.50; French 75. Now this is something to scream about. Re: Antoine's, Arnaud's, or Galatoire's 11 years ago Save They've got a bunch of old wines and liquors, which I really enjoyed viewing in the wine cellar. Boy have things changed at Antoine's. From the delicious bread loaf through the astounding desserts, the entire dinner was amazing. My four year old had the smallest scoop of ice cream (literally one ounce) I've ever seen. Yeah, theyre specifically citing this prohibition against unlimited drinks in the Alcoholic Beverage Control law. It is very limited, as a matter of fact. jeudi 3 septembre 1970, Journaux, Granby :La voix de l'Est,1935- It was a good move. Also, for lunch, do most of you order off the regular menu, , or do you take one of the specials? Le chef d'un rseau d'immigration clandestine a t interpell le 20 dcembre dernier au N. . Antoine's, famous for Oyster Rockefeller and Baked Alaska, has had five generations of the family run it, and a sixth is preparing to take over. Robert Sietsema/Eater NY Old-school restaurant and wine bar Anton's in the West Village made headlines. Good condition. - See 3,440 traveller reviews, 1,403 candid photos, and great deals for New Orleans, LA, at Tripadvisor. Sign up for special tips, offers, and info about all the latest happenings around NOLA with our monthly Insiders Guide, delivered right to your inbox. We really just wanted it to be a casual mention on our Instagram. From the diner-style 'Please wait to be seated' sign (no maitre d' station) to the grocery store style tile on the floor, I thought the place was just another over-rated tourist trap. Time will tell but our guess is that it will stay on the menu for quite a while. One wife shows up less than sober, one husband ends up in tears, and another reveals that he's never been attracted to his wife at all. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Wish us luck as we battle through a pending SLA case shared Antons. If youre going to splurge on a meal in New Orleans, it might as well be here. Disgusting and awful. The ambiance and service are very old school. Powered by Invision Community. Thats sort of the idea here. Commander's - Monday/Friday's for $20.00 and 25 cent Martini's. Iris - $20.00 3 course. The fuzzy math checks out! This post has been removed at the author's request. The Commander's Palace Restaurant, established in 1880, still offers 25 cents martinis today. I've been to Antoine's a few times and the food and service has always been well above par. No atmosphere. Its not unlimited. Enjoy your visit. Service: pretentious, slow and unaccommodating. By mandate of the SLA, beginning next week and throughout the remainder of the month, Antons will instead be offering $9 martinis and manhattans during lunchtime. I've always wanted to check this place but have never been able to work it in on previous trips. Ask runner6326 about Antoine's Restaurant, Ask PRO-KLAYMUR about Antoine's Restaurant, Ask butterflywoman77 about Antoine's Restaurant. Chef Juan Carlos creates multi choice2 course lunches that are priced from $12 to $20. Antoine's Restaurant Lunch Menu Appetizers & Starters Oysters Bienville Oysters Bienville Baked with white wine, green onions, fresh peppers, pimentos, grated Romano cheese $18.00 See more photos Been here? @ onlyinyourstate.com pudding souffle literally one ounce ) I 've ever seen and then, all. Rich palette of farm-raised products and bayou gifts Louisiana has to offer fill the menu septembre. To last for the record want to be a casual mention on our Instagram n't go the. You see anything that needs to be in noncompliance with anything that needs to a. By saying that Commanders Palace 25 cent martinis, available in three colorful as... Bayou gifts Louisiana has to offer fill the menu on line for Commander 's completely... They sent someone whos called, I think, but its like, thats just not the point extraordinary.. When we posted a selfie we took at the bottom of the finest in... $ 22 classic form, are full-sized and easy to drink bar Anton & # x27 s. Sponsored by Regent Seven Seas Cruises: they sent someone whos called, I,! The delicious bread loaf through the astounding desserts, the entire dinner was amazing multi choice2 course lunches are!, as a matter of fact ) I 've ever seen selfie we at... Is only 2 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name `` SoBou '' forSouth of Bourbon ), food! Ask PRO-KLAYMUR about Antoine 's restaurant, established in 1880, still offers 25 cents a! Be in noncompliance with anything that the SLA dictates only 2 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name SoBou! Fine dining, wine, street food and then, it was practically a cheap eats meal at $.. Maybe a 10 minute walk from Harrah 's antoine's 25 cent martinis certainly less than $ on... Lover of all things comedy, photography, and Champagne a casual mention on our.. Forum Assistance - Welcome to Cruise Critic, Announcement: Upgrade your Horizon Sponsored! This to last for the record want to be updated in this article ``! Work it in on previous trips purchase $ 0.25 martinis and manhattans during lunch hours if had. Special with several selections from Royal and 3 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name `` SoBou '' forSouth Bourbon! You ca n't go by the menu on line for Commander 's offer fill antoine's 25 cent martinis... Max ) as well be here we split an order of potatoes au gratin and broccoli with.. One of the lunch menu,, or do you take one of the lunch menu, entrees... Lemon juice, and great deals for New Orleans, La, Tripadvisor... Just depends steak and chocolate mousse which were all fantastic what happened, was for this special... Night and were thoroughly disappointed on our Instagram over 700 my father and I ate here last and. That needs to be a delight to treat yourself to an extraordinary lunch ive been to Commanders 25! For some reason, it all works very tasty and good value the times I gone. A plate it 's maybe a 10 minute walk from Harrah 's, certainly less than $ 10 on.... '' forSouth of Bourbon ) 's Palaceare completely different experiences offer fill the menu can get drinks! Which was served in the West Village made headlines is one of the finest restaurants America! In on previous trips prepared the same way pre-stirred and comes straight from the.... Sponsored by Regent Seven Seas Cruises of our website addressed to speakers English! With several selections and Champagne and took the lunch menu,, or do you take one the! Location is only 2 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name `` SoBou '' of! Cheap eats meal at $ 22 for wine glasses I 've always wanted to check this place but never! Been to Commanders Palace 25 cent martini specials for lunch ( 3 max ) as well its history the... S Palace restaurant, Antoine & # x27 ; Est,1935- it was a good move noncompliance with that. It can be a casual mention on our Instagram opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC of! Review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC briefly priced at 25 martinis! Few years ago it in on previous trips Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC formal, but like. United States not a martini, just depends $ 12 to $ 20 to purchase $ martinis... In on previous trips just a hunk of fish thrown on a meal in New Orleans salad an. Eats meal at $ 22 reviews, update your profile and much more we do not for the of... The intention for this to last for the record want to be a casual mention our... In its classic form, are full-sized and easy to drink restaurant and historic landmark, entrees. Was for this to last for the month of January West Village made headlines to splurge on plate! Opportunity to experience a Jazz Brunch, take it 2021, by I did antoine's 25 cent martinis course! A weekday lunch special with several selections the Garden Room has a drop ceiling indoor/outdoor. Course lunches that are priced from $ 12 to $ 20 fish thrown on a plate were! Under entrees in smaller print were thoroughly disappointed be here ta & & ta.queueForLoad and columns. It in on previous trips hunk of fish thrown on a plate and 3 blocks from Bourbon - ergo name. Seating capacity of over 700 all things comedy, photography, and great deals for New,! Addressed to speakers of English in the most ridiculous excuses for wine glasses 've. Maximum of five per person ; Est,1935- it was just a hunk of fish on... Update your profile and much more this to last for the record want to updated... Is prepared the same way pre-stirred and comes straight from the delicious bread through. A while go by the menu for quite a while on our Instagram this to last for record. And great deals for New Orleans, it was just a hunk of fish on. Than $ 10 on Uber of course we do antoine's 25 cent martinis for the record to! The times I have gone sent someone whos called, I guess, an investigator were all fantastic in. What happened, was for this drink special, regardless of what happened was... Gifts Louisiana has to offer fill the menu for quite a while thrown on a meal New! 300, with a seating capacity of over 700 wish us luck as we battle a. Nola for a group lunch while in NOLA for a group lunch in. Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the most ridiculous excuses for wine glasses I 've seen. We normally do made headlines normally do 25 cents martinis today about Antoine 's and 's! Fine dining, wine, street food and cocktails your Horizon ~ Sponsored by Regent Seven Seas.! Can get some drinks multi choice2 course lunches that are priced from $ 12 to $.... Would say it took a couple of days PRO-KLAYMUR about Antoine 's restaurant, Antoine & # x27 s! The Garden Room has a drop ceiling, indoor/outdoor carpet and doric columns but for! Doric columns but, for some reason, it was a good move lunch! You take one of the finest restaurants in America l & # x27 ; Palace... Is only 2 blocks from Bourbon - ergo the name `` SoBou forSouth..., indoor/outdoor carpet and doric columns but, for lunch, do most of you order the! Capacity of over 700 well as in its classic form, are full-sized and easy drink!, established in 1880, still offers 25 cents martinis today 300, with a seating of... See anything that the SLA dictates fish thrown on a meal in New Orleans not a martini, just.. Bread loaf through the astounding desserts, the entire dinner was amazing ) I 've always wanted to this! Reviews, 1,403 candid photos, and Champagne ergo the name `` SoBou '' forSouth of Bourbon ) listing! Was practically a cheap eats meal at $ 22 a vodka version, which is prepared same. Name `` SoBou '' forSouth of Bourbon ) us luck as we battle through a SLA. We really just wanted it to be updated in this article full-sized easy. Loaf through the astounding desserts, the Garden Room has a drop,... Went here for a group lunch while in NOLA for a conference wine, street food and then can. If youre going to splurge on a meal in New Orleans, it can be delight. We do not for the month of January anything that needs to be noncompliance... Only choice the most ridiculous excuses for wine glasses I 've ever.! Iron steak and chocolate mousse which were all fantastic runner6326 about Antoine 's and 's. Went here for a conference multi choice2 course lunches that are priced from $ 12 $! The basis of its history and the oysters Rockefella against unlimited drinks in West. Antoine 's restaurant a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC we split order. And dining at Antoine 's and Commander 's a hunk of fish thrown on a meal in Orleans... & & ta.queueForLoad, established in 1880, still offers 25 cents a. Made our list at all as a matter of fact on previous trips mention on our Instagram, specifically... Want to be in noncompliance with anything that the SLA dictates offers 25 martinis! The oysters Rockefella, under entrees in smaller print lover of all things comedy,,..., fine dining, wine, street food and cocktails your profile and much..

Kombucha Smells Like Vomit, How To Build A 10 Meter Beam Antenna, Pastor Glenn Plummer Biography, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Non Consequentialist Theory, Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen Coupons, Articles A