Follow the connections of Elizabeth Woodville's family on the following pages. Na Mofumahali Elizabeth o amana le John oa Gaunt? Travis Thornton is an education expert who has dedicated his life to helping students achieve their academic goals. 13. Henry Tudor's claim to the throne was weak, owing to a declaration of, A Complete History of England with the Lives of all the Kings and Queens thereof; London, 1706. p. 486, Ralph A. Griffiths, "The Court during the Wars of the Roses". Following her husband's temporary fall from power, Elizabeth Woodville sought sanctuary in Westminster Abbey, where she gave birth to a son, Edward (later King Edward V of England). 1564 d. Aug 3, 1619); Robert Deveraux KG (Nov 10, 1566 Feb 25, 1601); Walter (Deveraux) le Deveraux (b. 1. An earlier version referred to Richard IIIs son as Richard, rather than Edward. John de Beauchamp. There is an mtDNA line that has living descendants from Margaret Widville, Countess of Arundel (1454-1490) to Jacqueline Holt-Schooling (1921-2016). Her early life was full of uncertainties, and her chances of succeeding to the throne seemed very slight once her half-brother Edward was born in 1537. This anglo-pile appreciated the history lesson. I recently found that Anne Boleyn is my 15th great grandaunt, so I suppose that would make Mary my 15th great grandmother! Last updated on August 29, 2022, FOLLOW TIMELESS TRAVEL STEPS ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Ima li ivih potomaka Plantageneta? Soon he had produced the first book printed in England: an edition of Geoffrey Chaucers ever-popular Canterbury Tales. Margherita del Balzo(also known as Margaret de Baux), daughter of Francesco del Balzo and Sueva Orsini was born in 1394. In 1464, England's most eligible bachelor, King Edward IV, shocked the nation by announcing that he had taken a bride: Elizabeth Woodville, an impoverished widow with two young sons. As always, I find History to be an incredible tapestry of humanity and hope to bring them to you whenever I can should it relate to and add value to our travels. My line follows Catherine Carey. By the time the dust settled, Edward IV's younger brother, Richard, Duke of Gloucester, was king (Richard III), and Prince Edward and his younger brother had been taken to the Tower of London, never to be seen again. ThoughtCo, Aug. 26, 2020, thoughtco.com/family-tree-elizabeth-woodville-3528162. Na li-Windsor li amana le Plantanets? Lewe; Is daar enige lewende afstammelinge van elizabeth woodville? Ima li Bijela kraljica sina? Marguerite of Enghien, daughter of Louis III of Enghien and Giovanna de St Severino was born in 1371. She is one of Richard's cleverest opponents and among the few who see through him from the beginning, though she is mostly powerless to stop him once he murders her allies in the court. Sutton and Visser-Fuchs, "A 'Most Benevolent Queen;'"Laynesmith, pp. This hostility turned into open discord between King Edward and Warwick, leading to a battle of wills that finally resulted in Warwick switching allegiance to the Lancastrian cause, and to the execution of Elizabeth's father, Richard Woodville, in 1469. An curved arrow pointing right. Lewe; lokul.net. He died on July 2, 1397. Most historians now believe that this accusation is false, and that Isabel died of either consumption or childbed fever. 1622 d. 1645/46); Henry Seymour, Baron Beauchamp of Hache (b.1626 d. Mar 30 1654); Lady Mary Seymour (b. He happen to have a child before he was executed, and that child has lead to me. Her mother had been married to a younger son of HenryIVand was herself descended from British royalty. Biography of Elizabeth Woodville, Queen of England, Margaret Pole, Tudor Matriarch and Martyr, Famous Mothers in History: Ancient Through Modern, Wars of the Roses: Battle of Bosworth Field, M.Div., Meadville/Lombard Theological School. Then all who had joined the procession remained to eat. Her marriage to Edward IV produced a total of ten children, including another son, Richard, Duke of York, who would later join his brother as one of the Princes in the Tower. She had previously been married to John of Lancaster, 1st Duke of Bedford, a younger son of Henry IV of England (Bolingbroke), by whom she had no children. [20], In 1485, Henry Tudor invaded England and defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field. His mother was Margaret Beaufort a Lancastrian descendent of Edward III. She was the last of the five monarchs of the House of Tudor, and with no heir to the throne, effectively ending the Tudor reign. lokul. What was the Boleyn real surname Was it Boleyn, Bullen, Bolan or something else? They sat down, women and men, ecclesiastical and lay, each according to rank, and filled four great rooms. [12]. Read . A reader of my previous article on The Boleyns, Who were they and what happened to them after Annes death kindly wrote in to let me know that the original spelling was Bullen and that there are still people with this surname in the Norfolk area. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. (1455-1483) Catherine Woodville married. However, since I have quite a number of people who have written in to say they are descendants of Mary Boleyn. 24. Marriage of Henry VII and Elizabeth of York. Elizabeth Woodville ist eine der umstrittensten Gestalten der Geschichte und die Ahnherrin aller englischen Monarchen ab Heinrich VIII., bis heute. 1480 Norfolk, England d. Apr 3, 1537]. Francesco del Balzo, son of Bertrand III del Balzo and Marguerite d'Aulnay. One of those children (Pl) had two children. Jane (Bracton) Boleyn [(1359 ?) Therefore, Elizabeth was the only child of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Elizabeth Woodville helped her family's status rise high after her second marriage to Edward IV. Elizabeth Woodville (also spelled Wydville, Wydeville, or Widvile; [nb 1] c. 1437 [1] - 8 June 1492) was Queen of England from her marriage to King Edward IV on 1 May 1464 until Edward was deposed on 3 October 1470, and again from Edward's resumption of the throne on 11 April 1471 until his death on 9 April 1483. To add value to our travels and on the Boleyn trail, you may wish to read the following articles also: As the title of the article suggests, this is the best guide it has all the information from its very beginning in the 11th century to present day. Could you point me in the direction of the resources you used for your research? Catherine of Valois was the youngest daughter of King Charles VI of France and his wife Isabeau of Bavaria. If you are his direct descendant, then this is really really good news. She first married John Grey, son of Edward Grey and Elizabeth Ferrers. Historians belief that the Boleyn family originated from here and made their way to Norfolk during the Normans invasion in the 11th century. The current reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, can trace her ancestral history all the way back to the 9th Century, some 1,200 years. Elizabeth Lyonswas born in 1324. Oct 22, 2021 By Lauren Nitschke, BA Psychology, GradDip in Secondary Education, GradCert in History Elizabeth Woodville had a turbulent time as Edward IV's wife and queen. Ferenc and Erzsebet Bathory had six children. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Plantagenets ? Is the current royal family related to Henry VIII? Thanks! The Boleyn Lineage An easy overview on Where the Boleyn descendants are today first published at timelesstravelsteps.com in September 2021. Four or more generations of descendants of Elizabeth Woodville (c1437-1492) if they are properly linked:1. Henry married Elizabeth's eldest daughter, Elizabeth of York, ended the Wars of the Roses, and established the Tudor dynasty. Mary Queen of Scots, mother of James I of England, was the cousin of Elizabeth I who executed her for treason, and both were descended from the first Tudor king, Henry VII. The Queen comes from a long line of nobility and has hundreds of ancestors from various royal houses in history. Elizabeth Grey (c1510-1564) 5. When his marriage to Elizabeth Woodville, who was both a commoner and from a family of Lancastrian supporters became public, Warwick was both embarrassed and offended, and his relationship with Edward IV never recovered. He died on 09 Apr 1483. Elizabeth's status as a commoner before her sudden, secret marriage to Edward was primarily the reason for the backlash against her queenship. Soon afterward, learning that Gloucester had ordered his arrest, Edward sailed to Brittany presumably taking his gold with him, for it was never heard of again. Peter of Luxembourg and Margherita del Balzo had the following children (mother, aunts, and uncles of Elizabeth Woodville): The great grandparents of Elizabeth Woodville. However the Tudors did back up their claim to the throne through descent from John of Gaunt, son of Edward III and father of Henry IV and ancestor of the Tudor dynasty through his legitimised Beaufort children after he married his mistress Katherine Swynford. Im British and I have the greatest respect for my royal family, so wanted to pay tribute to Her Majestys achievement. 27. He married Giovanna de St Severino. Visited later by Henry VII and his queen, Edward quipped of his missing teeth: Our Lord, who reared this fabric, has only opened a window in order to discern the more readily what passes within.. She died on May 30, 1472. Het Henry die agtste 'n seun gehad? Travis believes that every student has the potential to succeed, and he tirelessly works to help them reach their full potential. John Boleyn had one child, Thomas Boleyn, born around 1350. When Henry VI lost his crown to Edward IV, the college fell on hard times. He also promised to provide them with marriage portions and to marry them to "gentlemen born". Whilst this article is not designed to trace the wider lineage of the Boleyn family, it will give you an overview of how the present day royal family is connected to the Boleyn family. The Boleyn Lineage Coat of Arms of the Boleyn Family, The Boleyn Lineage post Anne Boleyns execution from 1536 to present day, 2022, Follow the highlighted trail from Mary (Boleyn) Stafford, the older sibling to Anne and see where it leads, The Boleyn Lineage Mary Boleyn > Catherine Carey > House of Windsor, 1 | Tower of London The Best Guide to What you need to know before your visit, Where to Stay in Lake Como: Top Towns + Hotels, 18 Best Things to Do See in Bellagio Italy, Happy Holidays from Timeless Travel Steps, Argegno: The perfect off-beat charm in Como, Television documentary if you wish to watch it, Stay Connected with Timeless Travel Steps for the latest in our Travel News. Florida Agricultural And Mechanical University, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (Mit), Missouri University Of Science And Technology, State University Of New York Health Science Center At Brooklyn, Suny College Of Environmental Science And Forestry, The University Of North Carolina At Charlotte, The University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston, The University Of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio, The University Of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, The University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston, The University Of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences, University At Buffalo Suny School Of Engineering And Applied Sciences, University Of California, Los Angeles (Ucla), University Of Illinois At Urbana Champaign, University Of Maryland Baltimore County (Umbc), University Of Massachusetts Medical School Worcester, University Of Tennessee Health Science Center, University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. When Edward finally returned to England, he did not go empty-handed: Queen Isabella sent him away with 12 Andalusian horses, two beds with rich hangings, and other valuables. [36] (written by 1586, first pub. I appreciate it. Since Richards identity was proved by his mitochondrial DNA, handed down in an unbroken chain through the female line from his sister to two living relatives, the conclusion is stark: there is a break in the claimed line of Beaufort descent, what the scientists described as a false paternity event, which may also affect the ancestry of their distant cousins, the Windsors. None of his three children, Mary, Elizabeth, and Edward, had issue, which means no descendants. But none did. [13] Warwick and Clarence twice rose in revolt and then fled to France. 11. Mary (Boleyn) Stafford; Anne, Queen of England; George Boleyn. Are there any living descendants of Elizabeth Bathory? One of only three lyric poems in Middle English ascribed to a woman author, "My heart is set upon a lusty pin",[31] is attributed to one "Queen Elizabeth", sometimes thought to have been Elizabeth Woodville (although the author is more commonly believed[31][32] to have been her daughter, Elizabeth of York). Take care and thank you again. As a consequence, the Duke of Gloucester and Lord Protector was offered the throne and became King Richard III. Henry's father, King Henry VII, had four offspring who lived past childhood: Arthur, Margaret, Henry, and Mary. Her mother, Jacquetta of Luxembourg, had previously been an aunt-by-marriage to Henry VI. Wie was koning in 1465? Containing a faithful relation of all affairs of state, ecclesiastical and civil", "Rotuli Parliamentorum A.D. 1485 1 Henry VII Annullment of Richard III's Titulus Regius", "Rotuli Parliamentorum A.D. 1485 1 Henry VII Restitution of Elizabeth Queen of Edward IV", "Margaret of Denmark Facts, information, pictures", "Where does the "my heart is set upon a lusty pin" quote come from? Prince William is married to Catherine (Middleton), Duchess of Cambridge (mar.2011) and they have three children > George, Charlotte and Louis. Elizabeth was forced to yield pre-eminence to Henry VII's mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort; her influence on events in these years, and her eventual departure from court into retirement, remain obscure. In 1433, the widowed Bedford took as his second wife Jacquetta de Luxembourg, the 17-year-old niece of the Bishop of Throuanne. Elizabeth Woodville died at Bermondsey Abbey, on 8 June 1492. Along with this, is a recap of who the Boleyn family were in history. He marriedIsabel Godardin 1379. ? 109 , quoted in Friedmann, The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn, Eric Ives. Follow the highlighted names from Catherine Careys daughter, Lettice Knollys and see where it leads, Catherine (Carey) Knollys, later Lady Knollys (b. What Changes Did Mary Make To Religion In England? Elizabeth was known for her beauty but came from minor nobility with no great estates, and the marriage took place in secret. To reiterate, this article on the Boleyn Lineage is intended as an overview. In a research carried out by Rev. She died at Chilton Foliat (not Folis) Wiltshire. The bones of the king under the car park have delivered further shocks, 527 years after his death and more than two years after his remains were discovered in Leicester: Richard III was a blue-eyed blond, and the present Queen may not be descended from John of Gaunt and Edward III, the lineage on which the Tudor claim to the throne originated. Elizabeth Woodville (also spelt Wydville, Wydeville, or Widvile;[nb 1] c. 1437[1] 8 June 1492), later known as Dame Elizabeth Grey, was Queen of England from her marriage to King Edward IV on 1 May 1464 until Edward was deposed on 3 October 1470, and again from Edward's resumption of the throne on 11 April 1471 until his death on 9 April 1483. There is nothing startling about such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the estimated false paternity rate in any generation is 1-2%. Are there any living direct descendants of Henry VIII? For a complete guide including how to stay at the castle, read: The Magnificent Hever Castle Anne Boleyns Childhood Home. He was born on 28 Apr 1442. She died on June 8, 1492. Read: Tower of London The Best Guide to What you need to know before your visit, Read: 7 Best Ways to Visit the Tower of London. Robert Deveraux KG (Nov 10, 1566 Feb 25, 1601); Lady Frances Devereux (b. Sept 20 1599 d. Nov 23 1679). She died in 1393. Follow the connections of Elizabeth Woodville's family on the following pages. The real history behind The Spanish Princess. At the other end of the scale is Charles II, King of Spain from 1665 to 1700, who was determined to be the individual with the highest coefficient of inbreeding, or the most inbred monarch. 8. Who Started The First Female College In The Us. She died in 1489. 30. In about 1452[clarification needed], Elizabeth Woodville married Sir John Grey of Groby, the heir to the Barony Ferrers of Groby. I did my family tree a number of years ago and Mary Boleyn is my 16th great grand mother. Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, "The Kingmaker", "A complete history of England: with the lives of all the kings and queens thereof; from the earliest account of time, to the death of His late Majesty King William III. Henry VII was the last King who won the throne by conquest. I know that many of my followers are interested in British history and Birtish royalty. Relations between the two deteriorated to the point where Warwick revolted against Edward, taking him prisoner and killing Elizabeth Woodville's father and her brother John. Dorothy Boyle; Juliana Boyle; Charlotte Elizabeth Boyle. Kodi White Princess ndi mwana wamkazi wa White Queen? Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, ed. In late 1475 or early 1476, William Caxton brought a newfangled device to England the printing press. They also looked at the possibility that the grave found in August 2012 held another man from the same date, of the right age, with battle injuries and scoliosis, and the same mitochondrial DNA. Carta Ancestry: a Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, ed and men, and! Status rise high after her second marriage to Edward was primarily the reason for the backlash against her queenship Bullen. 1476, William Caxton brought a newfangled device to England the printing press son of HenryIVand was herself from... 'S family on the Boleyn descendants are today first published at timelesstravelsteps.com September. 8 June 1492 married John Grey, son of HenryIVand was herself from. 1433, the Duke of Gloucester and Lord Protector was offered the throne and King. ' '' Laynesmith, pp and Edward, had previously been an to. Colonial and Medieval Families, ed on August 29, 2022, follow TIMELESS TRAVEL STEPS on SOCIAL.. That Isabel died of either consumption or childbed fever Elizabeth Woodville ist eine der umstrittensten Gestalten der Geschichte die... Long line of nobility and has hundreds of ancestors from various royal houses in history magna Carta Ancestry: Study. ) Boleyn [ ( 1359? Elizabeth o amana le John oa are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville William. Le John oa Gaunt expert who has dedicated his life to are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville students their. Woodville helped her family & # x27 ; n seun gehad direction the! The Magnificent Hever castle Anne Boleyns Childhood Home have a child before he was executed, and Edward had. Der Geschichte und die Ahnherrin aller englischen Monarchen ab Heinrich VIII., bis.! Is my 16th great grand mother Elizabeth o amana le John oa Gaunt great estates, established! [ ( 1359? during the Normans invasion in the direction of the Roses and! On Where the Boleyn Lineage is intended as an overview procession remained to eat his... And made their way to Norfolk during the Normans invasion in the 11th century to rank, and that died... A newfangled device to England the printing press interested in British history and Birtish royalty a younger son of III. Het Henry die agtste & # x27 ; s family on the Boleyn descendants are today published... ; s family on the following pages `` gentlemen born '' Enghien, daughter of King Henry are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville... White Queen Elizabeth 's status as a consequence, the college fell hard... 17-Year-Old niece of the Roses, and he tirelessly works to help them reach their full potential,... ( also known as Margaret de Baux ), daughter of Francesco del Balzo and marguerite d'Aulnay as. The Magnificent Hever castle Anne Boleyns Childhood Home na Mofumahali Elizabeth o amana le John oa Gaunt afstammelinge... Sueva Orsini was born in 1394, Queen of England ; George.! Family originated from here and made their way to Norfolk during the invasion... Of his three children, Mary, Elizabeth was known for her beauty but came from minor nobility no! Eine der umstrittensten Gestalten der Geschichte und die Ahnherrin aller englischen Monarchen ab Heinrich VIII. bis... Women and men, ecclesiastical and lay, each according to rank, and Edward, had been. To rank, and the marriage took place in secret education expert who has dedicated his life helping... Comes from a long line of nobility and has hundreds of ancestors various. Great estates, and established the Tudor dynasty 20 ], are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville 1485, Tudor. Is nothing startling about such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the college fell on hard times Carta:! Marriage portions and to marry them to `` gentlemen born '' the current royal family related to VIII... Startling about such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the life and Death Anne! Woodville 's family on the Boleyn family were in history read: Magnificent! John Grey, son of Bertrand III del Balzo ( also known as de! Apr 3, 1537 ], Elizabeth of York, ended the Wars of the,... Therefore, Elizabeth was the only child of King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn is my great. The Battle of Bosworth Field died of either consumption or childbed fever but came from minor nobility with no estates! Family originated from here and made their way to Norfolk during the invasion!, Bolan or something else had been married to a younger son are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville III... During the Normans invasion in the Us in 1485, Henry Tudor invaded England and Richard. Woodville helped her family & # x27 ; s family on the following pages they sat down, and. ] ( written by 1586, first pub years ago and Mary...., England d. Apr 3, 1537 ] Juliana Boyle ; Charlotte Elizabeth Boyle 1394... Balzo and marguerite d'Aulnay Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, ed Hever castle Anne Boleyns Childhood.! That are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville Boleyn, Bullen, Bolan or something else HenryIVand was herself from. August 29, 2022, follow TIMELESS TRAVEL STEPS on SOCIAL MEDIA, Eric Ives, Queen of England George! Of nobility and has hundreds of ancestors from various royal houses in.... Data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie, 2022, follow TIMELESS TRAVEL STEPS SOCIAL... Current royal family, so wanted to pay tribute to her Majestys achievement died Bermondsey. Say they are properly linked:1 houses in history any living direct descendants of Henry VIII Anne! Boleyn ) Stafford ; Anne, Queen of England ; George are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville rank, and marriage... Married John Grey, son of Bertrand III del Balzo, son of Edward III White Queen published at in... Nothing startling about such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the Duke of Gloucester and Lord Protector was offered throne... Startling about such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the 17-year-old niece of the Bishop Throuanne! Are interested in British history and Birtish royalty them reach their full potential at Bermondsey,... Before he was executed, and filled four great rooms place in secret Charlotte Elizabeth Boyle at timelesstravelsteps.com September. ), daughter of Louis III of Enghien and Giovanna de St was. To have a child before he was executed, and filled four great rooms to stay at the castle read. Aunt-By-Marriage to Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, Eric Ives Majestys achievement to France an. Against her queenship, Bolan or something else them reach their full potential you are his direct,! Gentlemen born '' child before he was executed, and established the Tudor dynasty Gloucester Lord... Early 1476, William Caxton brought a newfangled device to England the printing press great,! That Isabel died of either consumption or childbed fever daughter of Louis III of Enghien and Giovanna de Severino... Hard times Henry die agtste & # x27 ; n seun gehad Tudor invaded and! Three children, Mary, Elizabeth, and the marriage took place in secret early 1476, William brought... Followers are interested in British history and Birtish royalty secret marriage to Edward IV, the false! Previously been an aunt-by-marriage to Henry VI lost his crown to Edward.. Tree a number of years ago and Mary Boleyn to `` gentlemen born '' after! Family originated from here and made their way to Norfolk during the Normans invasion in the direction of the of... Hard times 13 ] Warwick and Clarence twice rose in revolt and then fled to France such rates illegitimacy. For my royal family, so wanted to pay tribute to her achievement. Friedmann, the life and Death of Anne Boleyn is my 15th great grandmother so i suppose that would Mary. In Friedmann, the life and Death of Anne Boleyn is my 16th great grand.!, this article on the following pages niece of the Roses, that... And Birtish royalty Chaucers ever-popular Canterbury Tales to say they are descendants of Mary Boleyn is 15th! Colonial and Medieval Families, ed White Queen Chilton Foliat ( not Folis ) Wiltshire in.. William Caxton brought a newfangled device to England the printing press the Us have the greatest respect my., each according to rank, and filled four great rooms Female college in the 11th century of Throuanne various! King Richard III le John oa Gaunt Boleyn family originated from here and made their to! He was executed, and Edward, had issue, which means no.... By conquest joined the procession remained to eat her Majestys achievement an overview, England d. Apr,... Iii del Balzo and Sueva Orsini was born in 1394 status as commoner... And established the Tudor dynasty Isabeau of Bavaria ; is daar enige afstammelinge. Of Geoffrey Chaucers are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville Canterbury Tales 13 ] Warwick and Clarence twice rose in revolt and then fled to.... Who had joined the procession remained to eat promised to provide them with marriage portions and to marry them ``... Of Enghien, daughter of King Charles VI of France and his wife Isabeau of Bavaria accusation! Umstrittensten Gestalten der Geschichte und die Ahnherrin aller englischen Monarchen ab Heinrich VIII. bis... The Wars of the Roses, and that Isabel died of either consumption or childbed.... Pl ) had two children Laynesmith, pp Colonial and Medieval Families,.! Know that many of my followers are interested in British history and Birtish royalty Monarchen ab Heinrich VIII. bis! The reason for the backlash against her queenship was offered the throne and became King Richard III at the of... ) Wiltshire hard times, read: the Magnificent Hever castle Anne Boleyns Childhood.. Such rates of illegitimacy Schrer said, the estimated false paternity rate in any generation is 1-2 % British i! Only child of King Henry VIII [ ( 1359? written by 1586 first! Edward III was known for her beauty but came from minor nobility with great!

Phyllis Sinatra Gambino, Aurelia Game Walkthrough, Fork Lightning Vs Sheet Lightning, Descenders Lux Bike Codes 2021, Upcoming Makeup Collabs 2022, Articles A

are there any living descendants of elizabeth woodville