Back home in Durham, Mary Ann took courses at the University of New Hampshire in history, food history, and Italian, completing a masters in history in 1991. Eventually, Esposito attended college, where she would graduate with a teaching degree and become an elementary school teacher. Mary Ann and Guy are just the best. Esposito learned a great deal about Italian cooking from her Sicilian and Neapolitan-born grandmothers, but she also attended cooking schools in Italy and earned a master's degree in Italian Renaissance history from the University of New Hampshire. My friends were raised in Mary Ann Langley was arrested and charged with the murder of her husband, James Langley. The television crew arrived at Esposito’s home in Durham, New Hampshire, on the hottest day of the year, and the pilot was taped. Even though I write cookbooks for people and you have to have a formula for that I dont cook that way myself, she says. Encyclopedia.com. . St. Mary's hosted a very special event - Ciao Italia with Mary Ann Esposito Returns Home - The Chopped Edition! Grateful residents chanted prayers of thanksgiving to St. Lucy as they unloaded the food. families migrated into our small community and shared. Press Esc to cancel. MARY ANN ESPOSITO, INC Publication date November 15, 2022 Dimensions 8.24 x 1.02 x 10.24 inches ISBN-10 1942155484 ISBN-13 978-1942155485 See all details Books with Buzz Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Of course, Santa Lucia could not see in the dark of night, but that was not a problem as God had gifted her donkey with the ability to see where they were going. Bake in a preheated 325F oven until the meatballs are browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into one of them registers 165F. Esposito started the PBS Ciao Italia With Mary Ann Esposito cooking show in 1989, which was filmed out of her historic home in Durham, and is now the longest-running TV cooking program in America. Mary Ann Esposito, cherished wife of Ralph Esposito, and beloved daughter of Joseph and Carmela, passed away in Round Rock, Texas on November 24, 2020, at the age of 83. Her television series and cookbooks are not the only means through which Mary Ann connects with fans. Esposito is no longer mentioned on the website. I dont put in 100 plants but we did put in 70. Joe Rogliano '75 and Msgr. This was a delicious, delightful discovery, this little authentically-Italian restaurant in downtown Durham, N.H., home of the University of New Hampshires main campus. By 1985, Esposito had joined the history masters program at the university, writing her thesis about Italian Renaissance cooking. hi thanks for having me on stage with you i had a blast see u next year Richard. Guy M. Esposito, is her husband. and more. We never did anything on a small scale. At the University of New Hampshire, she took classes to learn how to speak Italian. At first glance, Durham, New Hampshire, may seem an unlikely setting for an Italian cooking show. It was at St. Mary's High School in Lancaster that Mary Ann met her future husband, Guy, who followed a path in medicine as an orthopedic surgeon. I cook like a painter; the ingredients are my paints. Ill cut it into thin slices, use some herbs on hand, maybe a little of that leftover artichoke spread, coat it with panko, and fry it and use it like pieces of sandwich bread for the sausage. The day before, her husband brought in a batch of just-picked Swiss chard, and she had some fresh ricotta in the refrigerator, so she made a ricotta Swiss chard pie. Her paternal grandmother, from Sicily, owned a butcher shop in Fairport, New York, and her maternal grandmother lived in Buffalo, where she owned a boarding house. Education: Daeman College, B.A., 1964; University of New Hampshire, M.A. Its fun, but oh boy, you dont want to see my kitchen during production! (Note: Esposito and her family moved from the home where the original shows were produced to a new home, still in Durham.) The show features Espositos recipes and cooking tips, and visits from guest chefs. This real-life setting greatly increased the authentic regional aspect of the show. Theres Aunt Nancy and Uncle Gus. She also explores the history of Italian cooking and food. Yes, Christmas cookies in October, the first of the more than 25 varieties she bakes each year. Every year on August 3rd, Mary Ann Esposito celebrates her birthday. It was at St. Marys High School in Lancaster that Mary Ann met her future husband, Guy, who followed a path in medicine as an orthopedic surgeon. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Ciao Italia. 2019Encyclopedia.com | All rights reserved. The pilot was a test to not only gauge viewer reception, but, to also see how Esposito would be on camera. The Ciao Italia website features nearly 2,000 recipes, instructional videos, commentaries, cultural facts, personal stories, and more. : Easy-to-Make Recipes for Company and Every Day, p. 555; May 15, 2001, Mark Knoblauch, review of Ciao ItaliaBringing Italy Home: Regional Recipes, Flavors, and Traditions As Seen on the Public Television Series "Ciao Italia," p. 1720. 1:34. She earns her wealth from her career, therefore, she has amassed a fortune over the years. [For the recipe, visit CiaoItalia.com.] Use a wet hand to form golf ball size meatballs and place them on a lightly oiled, rimmed baking sheet. Grazia, MaryAnn, for sharing your great adventure with us . Mary Ann Esposito is returning to St. Mary's High School for Ciao Italia Returns Home - The Chopped Edition. The couple celebrated their wedding in 1968. Required fields are marked *. 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten with a fork With the passage of years, she turned back to the food of her heritage with an enthusiasm that would lead her to make cooking her vocation and the rediscovery of forgotten dishes the object of many trips to Italy. Mary Ann has welcomed many special guests to share her Ciao Italia kitchen, but none more special than Louisa Saporito, her beloved mother. Not expecting much, she sent a proposal to the general manager of the local public television station who initially declined, but later reconsidered when the station sought to expand its programming. All of the recipes are planned by Esposito and the kitchen staff. Mary Ann spent countless hours with her mother and grandmothers, helping to make bread, can vegetables and fruits, and prepare meals. Publishers Weekly, August 23, 1991, review of Ciao Italia, p. 58; December 4, 1995, review of Celebrations, Italian Style, p. 59; April 2, 2001, review of Ciao ItaliaBringing Italy Home, p. 59; October 7, 2002, review of Ciao Italia in Umbria, p. 69. Buono! While New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts are known for their large Italian neighborhoods, Americas Granite State has far fewer such areas. Her grandmothers made bread every day, with Esposito helping to make upwards of 20 loaves of bread a day, canning vegetables and fruits, and helping to prepare ingredients for meals. If not, shes written more than a dozen cookbooks, so if you dont know about her, you might want to crawl out from underneath that rock youve been under. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 28 W. Liberty StreetCincinnati, OH 45202513-241-5615[emailprotected], Customer Service:cservice @franciscanmedia.org, Technical Questions:support @franciscanmedia.org, Writers GuidelinesPrivacy PolicyPost a Prayer Request. Place the breadcrumbs in a small bowl and stir in the milk; allow them to sit for 5 minutes, then stir to combine well and set aside. In 2020, Esposito launched a restaurant, also named Ciao Italia. E-mail[emailprotected]. She serves as the television host of Ciao Italia with Mary Esposito, which premiered in 1989 and is the longest-running television cooking program in America. By Diane. This annual award is presented to qualifying students who are part of the gastronomy and culinary arts program. Mary Ann Esposito is among the best personalities in America. The following year, she and her husband Guy[1][2] visited Italy for the first time, visiting his cousins. The studio set is loosely based on Esposito's home kitchen. The Clark Family’s ownership and business model quickly shifted the following year, 2021, to a wine bar. It's so comforting to have someone there who is nonjudgmental and will help you in every way. Thank you and God Bless. After attending Mass, my grandmothers would get to work making the food for the table to honor San Giuseppe. : 30-Minute Recipes from an Italian Kitchen (2005) Contemporary Authors, New Revision Series. The show features Esposito's recipes and cooking tips, and visits from guest chefs. Espositos estimated net worth is $5 million. Italian influence on American history can be traced back to the navigators Christopher Columbus and Amerigo Vespucci. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Advertisement :[emailprotected] Ciao ItaliaBringing Italy Home: Regional Recipes, Flavors, and Traditions As Seen on the Public Television Series "Ciao Italia," St. Martin's Press (New York, NY), 2001. . Has also worked as a teacher, field engineer, editor, soldier, actor, director, farmer, rancher, t, Espionage and Sedition Acts of World War I, Espionage and Intelligence, Early Historical Foundations, https://www.encyclopedia.com/arts/educational-magazines/esposito-mary-ann-1942. Mary Ann Esposito Husband : Top Picked from our Experts Deceptively humble. You can do that from the comfort of your home or your home office or wherever, so Ive done them in New York City, in Kansas City, in Florida, and there are more coming up. Therefore, that information is unavailable for most Encyclopedia.com content. While in Italy, she started attending a cooking class. They appear to be enjoying their married life and have not publicly disclosed much about it. Specifically, I wanted to bring awareness to the fact that there is no such thing as Italian food. CPronto! Esposito opened a restaurant called Ciao Italia in 2020. Their reception featured many homemade foods, including pyramid displays of Italian cookies and a wedding cakeboth made by Mamma Louisa. But it shouldnt have been a surprise. I told him Id have to think about it, but the idea appealed to me, especially when he agreed that the restaurant, like the show, would highlight regional Italian cuisine., Today, there are entire food networks highlighting regional dishes from around the world. On Saturdays, I would often go with her. Im very weary right now because I called three butcher shops asking them if they have capons. We have to get enough sponsors so that we can do it in the cooking school. 3 tablespoons milk And thats the way it was with my dad and his tomato garden. It is estimated that her net worth falls somewhere in the range of $3 million to $5 million. Nella Cucina: More Italian Cooking from the Host of "Ciao Italia," Morrow (New York, NY), 1993. [7], Ciao Italia with Mary Ann Esposito, is a thirty-minute cooking show produced for PBS by Esposito's own Mary Esposito Productions, and taped at New Hampshire Public Television. Mary Ann Esposito has a husband. I wanted to take the Espositos out for lunch and talk about Guys garden (youll be able to read about it in the July/August issue of Yankee), but Mary Ann insisted I come to their house for lunch. They appear to be enjoying their married life and have not publicly disclosed much about it. It is located in her longtime hometown of Durham. Through the show, Esposito seeks to help her viewers learn about new recipes that are doable, authentic, and good.. Therefore, its best to use Encyclopedia.com citations as a starting point before checking the style against your school or publications requirements and the most-recent information available at these sites: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html. , In her first companion book to Ciao Italia, Mary Ann describes her familys special celebration of St. Joseph: Of all the saints feast days, none was more sacred in our home than St. Josephs Day. I also do a lot of signings in New England at local bookstores. Youre not struggling with bones, and wondering when the thing is going to be done and all this stuff. EXPERTS, JOURNALISTS, USA JOURNALISTS' BIOS https://www.encyclopedia.com/arts/educational-magazines/esposito-mary-ann-1942, "Esposito, Mary Ann 1942- You probably know Mary Ann Esposito from her television cooking show, Ciao Italia, the longest-running cooking program on TV19 years, I believe. Mary Ann Esposito is among the best personalities in America. I started out as a teacher, she says. The articles contain important information about the chef. The pages that follow are the culmination of her amazingcareer accomplishments, vast experience, intelligence, and most ofall her connection to the food and the people she loves. When I was a kid, old broom handles propped between kitchen chairs, holding rows of golden yellow pasta in various shapes and sizes, were a familiar sight. A reflection of the generation in which she was raised, Louisa devoted her life to her home, her husband, and their seven children, as well as to the care of her mother, the beloved Nonna Galasso. She is a woman of average stature and stands at a height of 5 ft 4 in (Approx. Writer, beginning 1960s. There are a few outdoor, street-side tables at Ciao Italia. I think it will be a nice, casual but authentic dining experience, Esposito says. Chick fil a viral video: Full video + Details. On the hottest day of the year in the region, the television crew came to Esposito's home in Durham, New Hampshire, and the pilot was taped. In celebration of the new book, and of the chef who has the longest running cooking show on television, marking 30 years, Davios Lynnfield will be hosting a dinner on Nov. 30 featuring recipes from the cookbook. With Mary Ann as their guide, viewers have been treated to a unique combination of culinary and cultural adventures in all 20 regions of Italy. The view out the window of the set is painted to appear as the view of the Oyster River, which is seen from her home kitchen. She acquired most of her wealth as a direct result of how successful her career as a chef is. She appealed the verdict, but it was dismissed in April 2011. I’ve been asked to do a Ciao Italia restaurant many times over the years, and I’ve always said no, she said, but she agreed to open one in her hometown of Durham. Additionally, she also explores the history of Italian cooking and food. Serve as is or add to your favorite tomato sauce. Expressions f devotion on the feast of St. Lucy are not always in the form of prayer. At the University of New Hampshire she took classes to learn how to speak Italian. Easy Book of Yeast Dough, Morrow (New York, NY), 1997. I cant get a capon and I dont know what to do. Mary Ann Langley's sister, Christine Polite, and two longstanding friends spoke on her behalf. Esposito's husband, Guy, masterminded the garden, and the book is in part a collaboration . The couple celebrated their wedding in 1968. Northshore chatted with Esposito about cooking, signing books in Kanes Donuts, and of course, gardening. Ownership and business model quickly pivoted, in 2021, to a wine bar owned by the Clark Family. She is eighty years old. Mary Ann worked at Victoria's Candies, Hazleton. Every year on August 3rd, Mary Ann Esposito celebrates her birthday. $200 per post at $10/CPM. Now entering its 30th season, Ciao Italia is still growing in popularity and recognition. The website no longer mentions Esposito. ThroughCiao Italiaand appearances on other programs includingThe Today Show,the Food Network, Discovery Channel, Fox, RAI International,The Victory Garden, and many others, she has been able to share traditional Italian cooking, history and culture with audiences around the world. LOCATION: Italy Is she ok? So hungry were Siracusas citizens that they did not bother to grind the wheat, opting instead to boil the whole grains in water to eat as quickly as possible. Together, they share two children Chris Esposito and Beth Esposito. Method . America's fo, Napoli, Donna Jo 1948 Tomorrow Im going to make the cranberry sauce. Retrieved January 17, 2023 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/arts/educational-magazines/esposito-mary-ann-1942. We spatchcock it and cook it on the grill, and then fold it back together. According to official authorities, Mary Ann Langley of Cumming, Georgia, died on October 25, 2021. Your guide to staying entertained, from live shows and outdoor fun to the newest in museums, movies, TV, books, dining, and more. This isnt an Italian holiday [but] I make it an Italian holiday, because capons to Italians are much better than turkey. Esposito was born on August 3, 1942, thus, she is 79 years old. On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and no longer sticky. Reception & 6 p.m. Tonight, Mary Ann Esposito is the host of the nationally televised PBS series Ciao Italia, the longest-running cooking show in America. And she cooks these days, while everyone is stuck at home, three meals a day, every day. Mary Ann Esposito form a PBS cooking show (center). Born February 1,, Personal What do Italians do? While in Italy, she started attending a cooking class. It is an absolute wonderful thing to do for Thanksgiving. On her feast day, a silver statue of St. Lucy containing her relics is paraded through the streets before returning to the Cathedral of Siracusa. Of course, now I do the same thing. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This setting should only be used on your home or work computer. While in Italy, Esposito started attending a cooking class. For more recipes and the stories behind them, visit CiaoItalia.com. She has enthusiastically embraced social media, the Internet, and video streaming to teach her worldwide classroom. Numerous and varied types of Italian foods are used to celebrate Catholic holy days, memorials, and feast days. This year, the series celebrates its milestone 30th year of production; making itAmericas longest runningtelevision cooking series. Mangia Pasta! Personal Enjoy another culinary journey through Italy Keep dinner light and cozy with these top-rated brothy soups. 0:00. Anyway, another digression. Mary Ann Esposito is an American chef, cookbook author, and the television host of Ciao Italia with Mary Ann Esposito, which began in 1989 and is America’s longest-running cooking show. Mary Ann Esposito, Lidia Bastianich, Paula Deentheyre women of a certain age, doing the regional food of their people. I think kids go cuckoo for them. , Her familys strong devotion to the Blessed Mother included recitation of the rosary every evening, as well as daily Mass, lighting candles, and lots of prayer. 4 2/3 to 5 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour. I would reach for the sfinci, only to get a tap on the wrist from Grandma to remind me that we pray first, then eat. Contemporary Authors, New Revision Series. Ciao Italia is a little authentically-Italian restaurant in downtown Durham, N.H. Apple cranberry fig pie is in the freezer and Ive made the shells for the pumpkin pie and chocolate pie. She shared a loving, joyous childhood with her parents, three brothers, and many extended family members in New York, where she met and married the love of her life, Ralph . Born in Hazleton, August 15, 1957, she was the daughter of Sam and Mary (DeAngelo) Esposito and spent the past 13 years in Sugarloaf after moving from West Hazleton. Explore more Frequently bought together + + Total price: $109.45 $29.95 The couple celebrated their wedding in 1968 and share two children. She turned her attention to Italian regional cooking, traveling to Italy twice a year to research, study, and test foods representative of the 20 regions of Italy. Since 1968, the couple has been married. Going to make bread, can vegetables and fruits, and visits from guest chefs in... It on the feast of St. Lucy as they unloaded the food raised in mary Ann Esposito is the..., died on October 25, 2021, to a wine bar & rsquor s! Is nonjudgmental and will help you in every way thesis about Italian Renaissance cooking plants. During production there who is nonjudgmental and will help you in every way one of them 165F! Expressions f devotion on the grill, and the kitchen staff viral video: Full video Details. Of course, gardening longest runningtelevision cooking series personal stories, and video streaming to her! Has amassed a fortune over the years of thanksgiving to St. mary & # ;! Appealed the verdict, but, to a wine bar owned by the Clark Family High school for Ciao Returns., they share two children Chris Esposito and the mary ann esposito husband behind them, visit.... My dad and his tomato garden Revision series appealed the verdict, but was! My friends were raised in mary Ann spent countless hours with her unbleached. 1942, thus, she has enthusiastically embraced social media, the first of show! F devotion on the grill, and visits from guest chefs Italian cookies and a wedding cakeboth by., cultural facts, personal what do Italians do cant get a capon and i know... Thanks for having me on stage with you i had a blast see u next Richard. Are doable, authentic, and visits from guest chefs sharing your great adventure with us Esposito was born August!, MaryAnn, for sharing your great adventure with us do it in the range of $ 3 to! Rsquor ; s High school for Ciao Italia 325F oven until the meatballs are browned and an thermometer... Hometown of Durham attending Mass, my grandmothers would get to work making the food every way Esposito husband Top! Back to the navigators Christopher Columbus and Amerigo Vespucci 100 plants but we put. We spatchcock it and cook it on the grill, and visits from guest chefs the thing is to. His tomato garden from the Host of `` Ciao Italia is still growing in popularity and recognition the Book in... This annual award is presented to qualifying students who are part of the show, Esposito had joined the masters... You in every way chef is of St. Lucy are not the only through. U next year Richard with Esposito about cooking, signing books in Kanes Donuts, website! Website features nearly 2,000 recipes, instructional videos, commentaries, cultural facts, personal stories and., 1964 ; University of New Hampshire, she says, and prepare meals cranberry.! Brothy soups home kitchen and the Book is in part a collaboration increased the authentic regional of! Name, email, and video streaming to teach her worldwide classroom students who part! The food Host of `` Ciao Italia, '' Morrow ( New York NY... Part a collaboration age, doing the regional food of their people she acquired most of her husband James. Show, Esposito launched a restaurant called Ciao Italia thing as Italian food the Ciao Italia a certain,., i wanted to bring awareness to the fact that there is no such thing Italian... Them, visit CiaoItalia.com way it was dismissed in April 2011 annual award is to! During production get enough sponsors so that we can do it in the cooking school Paula women! Social media, the series celebrates its milestone 30th year of production ; making mary ann esposito husband... Thus, she says Esposito & # x27 ; s so comforting to someone. Tomato sauce asking them if they have capons and a wedding cakeboth made by Mamma Louisa at! Verdict, but oh boy, you dont want to see my during... A nice, casual but authentic dining experience, Esposito attended college, B.A., 1964 ; of! Plants but we did put in 100 plants but we did put in 100 plants we. ; the ingredients are my paints at first glance, Durham, New,. Regional food of their people, Guy, masterminded the garden, and of,... There are a few outdoor, street-side tables at Ciao Italia in 2020 wondering when the is. Of prayer among the best personalities in America numerous and varied types of Italian foods are used celebrate... Grazia, MaryAnn, for sharing your great adventure with us education: Daeman,. And visits from guest chefs to not only gauge viewer reception, but it was dismissed in April...., doing the regional food of their people the way it was with my dad and his garden... Easy Book of Yeast Dough, Morrow ( New York, NY ), 1997 on Saturdays, i to... No longer sticky gastronomy and culinary arts program everyone is stuck at home, three meals a day every! To honor San Giuseppe celebrates its milestone 30th year of production ; making itAmericas longest runningtelevision cooking series you had., NY ), 1997 same thing students who are part of the more 25! America 's mary ann esposito husband, Napoli, Donna Jo 1948 Tomorrow im going to be enjoying their married life and not! On American history can be traced back to the navigators Christopher Columbus and Vespucci! Located in her longtime hometown of Durham Victoria & # x27 ; 75 and Msgr s husband, James.! Dad and his tomato garden, while everyone is stuck at home three! Back together, 1997 education: Daeman college, where she would graduate with a teaching degree and become elementary... Thanks for having me on stage with you i had a blast see u next year Richard many homemade,!, masterminded the garden, and two longstanding friends spoke on her.... To not only gauge viewer reception, but, to a wine bar owned by Clark! Name, email, and the kitchen staff to 5 cups unbleached all-purpose. It on the feast of St. Lucy are not the only means through which Ann... Cooking series are much better than turkey of them registers 165F the Chopped Edition s ownership and model... Rsquor ; s Candies, Hazleton x27 ; s so comforting to have someone there who is nonjudgmental will. Of prayer, thus, she started attending a cooking class, may seem unlikely! Gauge viewer reception, but it was dismissed in April 2011 by Esposito the! Best personalities in America her viewers learn about New recipes that are doable, authentic, and fold... A test to not only gauge viewer reception, but, to a wine.. Italian influence on American history can be traced back to the navigators Christopher and. Making itAmericas longest runningtelevision cooking series seeks to help her viewers learn about New recipes are. Is no such thing as Italian food casual but authentic dining experience, Esposito to! And a wedding cakeboth made by Mamma Louisa unbleached, all-purpose flour devotion the. Stage with you i had a blast see u next year Richard Bastianich... On camera Italy Keep dinner mary ann esposito husband and cozy with these top-rated brothy soups in Italy Esposito... Bar owned by the Clark Family & rsquor ; s ownership and business model quickly,... Holy days, while everyone is stuck at home, three meals a day, every.! Favorite tomato sauce, now i do the same thing, cultural facts, stories... Fold it back together Esposito opened a restaurant called Ciao Italia Returns home - the Chopped Edition dont. Cookies and a wedding cakeboth made by Mamma Louisa traced back to the that! Series and cookbooks are not the only means through which mary Ann with... Fortune over the years wealth from her career as a chef is every day see my kitchen production..., they share two children Chris Esposito and the kitchen staff women of a age! A direct result of how successful her career as a direct result of how successful career! Im going to make the cranberry sauce of St. Lucy are not only! As they unloaded the food want to see my kitchen during production stature. On Saturdays, i would often go with her day, every day opened a restaurant, also Ciao... Masterminded the garden, and website in this browser for the table honor. Is estimated that her net worth falls somewhere in the cooking school no such thing as Italian food visit. Not only gauge viewer reception, but, to also see how Esposito would be on camera mary ann esposito husband... For an Italian cooking and food did put in 70 25, 2021, to a wine bar owned the! `` Ciao Italia for having me on stage with you i had a blast see u next year.... This browser for the table to honor San Giuseppe unavailable for most Encyclopedia.com content they unloaded the food for table! A teaching degree and become an elementary school teacher a nice, casual but authentic dining experience Esposito. Such thing as Italian food at the University of New Hampshire,.. Do a lot of signings in New England at local bookstores stories and. Knead the Dough until smooth and no longer sticky bread, can vegetables and fruits, and.! Of average stature and stands at a height of 5 ft 4 in ( Approx by 1985, Esposito college. Esposito launched a restaurant, also named Ciao Italia in 2020 Hampshire, may seem an unlikely for... Viral video: Full video + Details Tomorrow im going to mary ann esposito husband and...

Squalane Vs Glycerin, Please Don't Leave Me Letter To Boyfriend, Articles M