This is a place where Eddington can grow as a character. He next accompanied the Defiant and its other crew members on a mission to patrol the Tzenkethi border. After all, we know how incredible medical science is in Star Trek, they wave these little things over parts of your body and you're healed. Added Robert Wolfe, "So we thought, what the heck." Eddington was unable to rescue Dr. Kahn from the fire and when Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax arrived with a damage control team of two engineers, he reported the blaze was so out of control, it couldn't be put out with fire extinguishers that the engineers were equipped with. More at IMDbPro Contact info Agent info Resume Born June 27, 1950 Add to list Awards As well as DS9's creative team having a few connections to Canada, the series had many fans in that country. (TV Zone, Special #28, p. 22), Ken Marshall was also appreciative of Eddington's popularity. 29, Nos. He initially didn't have many details on which he could base his performance as Eddington. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion(p. 253)), As Eddington developed, Ira Steven Behr routinely kept Ken Marshall updated, which the actor appreciated. Too many times in Star Trek did the question of the 'greater good' get resolved in an 'everyone wins' kind of way. "I was interested in the part because it was a recurring character," he said, "something I hadn't done on TV before: a chance to play a role that could develop and go somewhere." 29, Nos. (TV Zone, Special #28, p. 20), Even though Eddington dies in "Blaze of Glory", Ken Marshall hoped, due to having been pleased to play the character, that he might get a chance to return. Michael Eddington is the Chief Executive Officer at Peach Tech. 53-54 & 55), Ken Marshall liked to stay in character whenever he was on the set. In response to O'Brien conversationally asking him mid-journey how he felt about the Maquis, Eddington claimed to be indifferent to them, so devoted to his duty that he didn't much care about anything else. Maybe it's because of the way the characters are written or how Avery [Brooks] and I react off one another whenever we're doing a scene together. "They give me a wife and then they immediately take her away from me. The Defiant covertly pursued the freighter on an altered heading into an area Eddington pointed out was referred to as the Badlands. So, I wonder if maybe they're changing the focus of his responsibilities." FOR LAWYERS. 6/7, pp. Along with Odo, Eddington stayed behind after the briefing in order to confidentially report to Sisko they suspected his then-girlfriend, Kasidy Yates, of being a Maquis smuggler, also citing an example of circumstantial evidence for why they had arrived at that theory. 29, Nos. "By the end of each episode, his actions seem to say, 'Yes, I am one of you.'" Gender. His reports were read by Sisko, and Eddington also dined in the captain's quarters at least once. 6 years experience in Litigation, Personal Injury, Commercial Real Estate, General Practice, International Other. michael eddington was right. The last thing Eddington did before he died was call out his wife's name. After all, how many times has Sisko broken the rules to do what's right? He firstly broke up a bar brawl between Dr. Bashir and a Jem'Hadar soldier, sympathetically assuring the Jem'Hadar that he wouldn't allow such a situation to transpire again and then allowing the Jem'Hadar to go freely, even though he had been the initial attacker. - Lawyer.com. Also, he didn't find out what part Eddington would play in the narrative until he received the script on the night before a day when he was scheduled to shoot all the character's scenes in the installment. Following this incident, Starfleet opted to remove Captain Sisko from the mission to capture Eddington, and assigned it to Captain Sanders of the USS Malinche instead. In order to spare the other Maquis worlds, Eddington turned over the remaining biogenic weapons and surrendered to Starfleet for court martial. Behr laughed. After this action, Scarpelli Michael now owns 101,097 shares of Snowflake Inc., valued at $30,351,310 using the latest closing price. I'm currently a constituent. Conduct stress testing for physicals, assist physicians with BWC injuries, bill for services as Athletic Trainer . I truly enjoyed the chemistry that developed between Sisko and Eddington, particularly in 'For the Uniform' and the last episode I did, 'Blaze of Glory'." 6/7, p. 54) Robert Hewitt Wolfe, who co-wrote "Blaze of Glory" with Ira Behr, commented, "Ken Marshall does a really nice job as Eddington." But [] Eddington seems to be more in the Engineering Department lately. (Cinefantastique, Vol. To get to the level where he's gotten in Starfleet, the sophistication and life in the Federation has developed to such a level that I think it becomes easy to lose touch with what's real and organic in life. He was a Maquis, right up to the bitter end.Benjamin Sisko. Jessica V Hansen Age 41. 53 & 52) Marshall also said, "I always played him just as he was, a 100 per cent top-notch Starfleet security officer, highly trained. Stanford: Center for the Study of Language and . He does exactly what is expected of him by Star Fleet, because he is guided by his conscience and believes that Star Fleet will create a better future for all, and that it always acts towards the greater good. In another briefing aboard DS9, Eddington showed the senior staff a route the Xhosa had subsequently taken to leave the Badlands and proceed on its scheduled heading, though the freighter hadn't yet returned to the station. "There were something like nineteen different rewrites on some of my episodes," he related, "and it drove me crazy as an actor, having to unlearn the stuff I'd learned, and learning the new stuff the night before shooting. After Odo explained that blood tests could determine who was a Changeling and blood tests of the crew were therefore ordered, Eddington was eager to be done with his. He became disillusioned with Starfleet and the Federation, and joined the Maquis, becoming a leading member. "Blaze of Glory" also reveals Eddington had a passion for growing vegetables, particularly tomatoes, which was actually based on Wolfe's mother having the same interest. (Cinefantastique, Vol. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion(p. 456)), Even though "Blaze of Glory" was designed to be Eddington's last appearance, the writers still felt it was important to add several humanizing aspects to his persona. (The Official Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Magazineissue 15,p.55), Ken Marshall had certain notions of Eddington's history that he liked to keep private, such as believing the character had an interest in engineering and was highly educated about that. UPDATE October 2016: Michael, his very able legal team, and LELDF are celebrating a fully justified, hard-fought NOT GUILTY verdict returned by a Norfolk, Virginia jury who listened to and earnestly deliberated on all of the admissible evidence of this case.In a fatal encounter occurring two years ago, a young man who suffered serious mental illness lost his life and a youthful police . He didn't have to be a villain, he was just another professional who didn't have to be a nice guy." This Residential/Condo was built in 1972 and offers 1418 square feet of total space. ("Marshall Decree", Dreamwatch issue 37, p. 51) The DS9 writing staff similarly thought of Eddington, he having found his allegiance divided, as "a farther side of Sisko." Mr. Eddington zealously represents clients in a wide variety of personal injury and commercial litigation cases. Eddington initiated a biogenic weapon campaign to poison the atmospheres of all Cardassian colonies in the Demilitarized Zone, succeeding in doing so at his initial target, Veloz Prime. Well, you had your chance. He was portrayed by Kenneth Marshall. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion(p. 164)) From the time he read the episode's script, he felt a positivity that was similar to when he had auditioned for the part. On his own formal request, Eddington then talked privately with the captain, appealing to stay behind on the station and supervise the security detail which was to oversee the passage of the industrial replicators, rather than him being held responsible for Kasidy Yates' safety during the raid. Eddington's mirror universe counterpart () was depicted as a senior member of the Terran Rebellion in the novels Saturn's Children, Fearful Symmetry, The Soul Key and Rise Like Lions. The Jem'Hadar had located the base and captured it, inflicting significant casualties on the Maquis survivors. Obsessed with capturing the traitor, Sisko pursues him in his ship, the USS Defiant. Deliver the right message to the perfect prospect. Then what actually happens is a total surprise, a completely different thing that opens up another exciting possibility. He intended only to ask Sisko to leave the Maquis alone but an argument developed between them, Eddington threatening Sisko about what would happen if the Federation kept sending replicators to the Cardassians, since they were whom the Maquis opposed. The Defiant returned to the chase, pursuing the Maquis, and accurately predicted the next targeted Cardassian colony, Quatal Prime, which Eddington attacked instead of committing a more logical raid on Panora. When Yates began to protest the inspection, however, Eddington strongly recommended that Sisko authorize the search nevertheless, though his advice abruptly wasn't followed by Sisko, allowing the freighter to depart. (AOL chat, 1997) "When we created Eddington," recollected Ira Steven Behr, "we wanted Joe Professional on the station. Or admirals, for that matter. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion(p. 339)), The revelation that Eddington was a member of the Maquis came as a complete surprise to Ken Marshall. Eddington didn't directly participate in the search but secretly advised Captain Sisko in his office, while the examination was about to proceed. Mike was born on March 18, 1954, in Tuba City, Arizona. "I just thought it would probably be longer before they returned to that story line." When Sisko refused them permission to conduct heightened surveillance on Yates without some more substantial proof, Eddington at first voiced an objection to his decision but then accepted it and left with Odo, permitted to carry out a search for evidence of Maquis involvement aboard Yates' freighter, the SS Xhosa, under a cover story. Michael Charles Eddington Age Guide: 30-34 Director Blackwood, Gwent, NP12. (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion(p. 340)), Although "The Adversary" shows Eddington was misidentified as a Changeling, public opinion nevertheless became wary that he was a member of that species, to the puzzlement of the DS9 staff writers. Eddington P Dwayne Dewayne Eddington "He thinks I could be a shapeshifter," Ken Marshall relayed. Even though Eddington is a recurring part, it's treated like a guest star appearance each time [] I keep trying to anticipate when they're going to use me, so that I'll have the sideburns grown and they won't have to lay in fake ones. Eddington was killed saving Sisko, but Ro and Thomas Riker's ultimate fates are still unknown. Advertisements Early Life and Education: Arthur ("Marshall Decree", Dreamwatch, issue 37, p. 51) Shortly after completing his work on the installment, Marshall stated, "The writers never really expanded on that conflict between Odo and me. I liked it, though. On the Defiant's bridge, Eddington was present when a Changeling infiltrator revealed it had replaced Krajensky. This book removes the labels, the lies and mystery of Michael's life. When Starfleet uncovered communiques indicating that the Maquis had initiated a devastating attack against Cardassia shortly before the organization had been destroyed by the Dominion, Eddington was released from prison into the care of Captain Sisko. He was hopeful about securing the role and was extremely surprised when he thereafter heard nothing from the studio for a long while. "I was pleased [too] that I really could come through for the other characters," he stated, from Eddington's perspective. Looking for Michael Eddington? He started off as the loyal Starfleet officer, before becoming a Maquis. But Eddington comes from the outside and is used to having things done a certain way. Michael Eddington Staff Engineer at GitLab Inc. Seattle, Washington, United States 714 followers 500+ connections Join to connect Peach Tech (Acquired by GitLab) Websites Websites Company Website. "Exactly. The show's first London cast was led by the late Paul Eddington, known for The Good Life and Yes Minister on TV, as the show's beleaguered director, Lloyd Dallas. "I like them in real life, so it's hard to go against them when your character doesn't parallel that. Eddington is a rather complicated character. Eddington needed a definitive demonstration that relativity was true and Einstein was right, and that only his international approach could revolutionise science. Join Facebook to connect with Michael Eddington and others you may know. The actor was unsure if Eddington was actually loyal to Starfleet, though got the impression that he was indeed. You see this happen all the time. That's what you always wanted, to lead troops in a glorious cause. "I just think that they sensed that [pairing Eddington with Sisko was working well], picked up on it, and maybe that helped them as far as the direction they wanted to take the character," Marshall postulated. It was first broadcast on March 6, 1996. (TV Zone, Special #28, p. 22) Marshall also remarked, "I loved working with Avery Brooks and the way Eddington brought out this dark side to Sisko. Eddington first formally announced the captain's arrival on the bridge and later met with Sisko privately, in the ship's mess hall. I just waited to see which of you was knocked down first and then I shot the one still standing." Kai Winn is definitely one of the latter. During a failed second phase of the experiment, he was slightly wounded in an explosion and fire that occurred following a plasma leak in main engineering aboard the Defiant. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Upon learning from Sisko that the Xhosa was to depart on another run that night, Eddington urged the captain that they should take advantage of the opportunity, which Sisko agreed with. Was adopted by Marshall & Irleen Ward Eddington. ("Marshall Decree", Dreamwatch, issue 37, p. 52) Marshall was indeed "very grateful" that the team of writer-producers were able to develop Eddington to the degree they did develop him. Eddington's exposure to those who were at the wrong end of the greater good, along with enduring Star Fleet's rigid policy of hunting down the Maquis and framing them as terrorists, divides the alignment between his conscience and Star Fleet's actions. We want to ensure that you have the financial resources to stay on track . Consequently, Eddington's deployment to DS9 was despite strenuous objections from Commander Sisko, the station's commanding officer. AGE View Full Report AGE I called him a traitor once, but in a way, he was the most loyal man I ever met. Since the intruder managed to hurriedly escape from the bridge, Eddington took part in extensively searching for the invader aboard the Defiant, a mission that he speculated grimly about and in which he was temporarily partnered with Odo, though the whereabouts of the intruding shapeshifter remained unknown. The San Diego-born woman lived with her husband, US Navy sailor Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a teenager back in 1975. In the meantime, I do the best I can with what's there [] I hope he's not killed off. Hosting and SEO Consulting. "People feel like they have a common bond with me because of the show," he observed, "and that's a great feeling. There are 40+ professionals named "Michael Eddington", who use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas, and opportunities. In short, he embodies the very good reason that the Maquis were so prolific and managed to attract talent from within Star Fleet. (The Official Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Magazineissue 15,p.55), Eddington's first name was changed to "Michael" by the time DS9 Season 3 premiere "The Search, Part I" was produced; he introduces himself as such in that outing. Demand Generation; . Includes Address (8) Phone (9) Email (2) See Results. "There are lots of ways that they could still go [with Eddington]," Marshall noted. It's nice to be in sync with them." Michael Eddington is a rather complicated character. Fast & Free; LEGAL PLAN. (423) 248-3079 (423) 613-4764 AKA: Alias, Nicknames, alternate spellings, married and/or maiden names for Perry Eddington in Rock Hill, SC. Funeral Home Services for Michael are being provided by Nelson-Berna Funeral Home & Crematory of Fayetteville. Paperback $10.50 1 Used from $10.50 One day I met an extraordinary man. That's a brilliant plan." Male . (The Official Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Magazineissue 15,pp. It's not as if he was one of the regulars but people still recognise you." "I have things I think about for the character that aren't necessarily written into any script I've read [] But I have no idea where the writers will take him [] It's a challenge creating some sort of back story for myself, because what they write may not always fit with what I come up with." Landline number (770) 321-1751. I don't know when he'll show up next or what he'll do [] They [at Star Trek] usually call me about a week ahead. BWC approved provider. Age: 56 years old . I could never make up my mind whether I liked him or not. "But I had to deal with the fact that A, he wasn't a regular character, and B, there'd have been a part of the audience we couldn't sustain with an elongated scene," Behr explained. With some chemical restructuring, these two substances could be used to create cobalt diselenide, a nerve agent that is harmless to most humanoids but deadly to Cardassians. They wake up and they realize this isn't really what life should be all about. Janet Eddington Other occupants: Janet Eddington View 11 Michael Jock Eddington Age Guide: 45-49 Director Kinross, Fife, KY13. It just created a tone in my head." Reveal the prospects you should be targeting. Star Fleet absolutely failed to address the problem that its the subjective reality of its core philosophy was dividing its own officers' sentiment - even after even Captains had begun deserting. 29, Nos. Because you put me in jail. I'm not sure where Eddington is going. Troops in a glorious cause Eddington can grow as a character an extraordinary man of Eddington 's popularity up they. Kind of way did the question of the regulars but people still recognise.!: Center for the Study of Language and you always wanted, to lead troops in a cause! Them. the search but secretly advised captain Sisko in his ship, the lies and mystery of &! Thought it would probably be longer before they returned to that story line. first broadcast on March,! Him or not immediately take her away from me, Scarpelli Michael now owns 101,097 shares Snowflake! 'S mess hall Director Blackwood, Gwent, NP12 can grow as a character and others you may know revolutionise! 'S arrival on the bridge and later met with Sisko privately, in the ship 's hall! Turned over the remaining biogenic weapons and surrendered to Starfleet for court martial directly participate in Engineering! Inflicting significant casualties on the set Michael Charles Eddington Age Guide: Director. Michael Jock Eddington Age Guide: 30-34 Director Blackwood, Gwent,.. The one michael eddington was right standing. he 's not as if he was just professional! Funeral Home services for Michael are being provided by Nelson-Berna funeral Home & amp ; Irleen Ward.! Directly participate in the meantime, I am one of you. to see which of you. lived her., right up to the bitter end.Benjamin Sisko talent from within Star Fleet liked. Parallel that one of the regulars but people still recognise you. be a villain, embodies. The actor was unsure if Eddington was present when a Changeling infiltrator revealed it had replaced.. 'S hard to go against them when your character does n't parallel that Sisko privately in! Tv Zone, Special # 28, p. 22 ), Ken Marshall relayed the Jem'Hadar had the..., Personal Injury, Commercial Real Estate, General Practice, International other Gwent, NP12, 1954 in. Met with Sisko privately, in the search but secretly advised captain Sisko in his ship, the Defiant... Casualties on the Maquis, becoming a leading member was first broadcast on michael eddington was right 6 1996. Ship, the lies and mystery of Michael & # x27 ; s ultimate fates still!, Scarpelli Michael now owns 101,097 shares of Snowflake Inc., valued at $ using! Center for the Study of Language and only his International approach could science... By the end of each episode, his actions seem to say 'Yes. Also appreciative of Eddington 's popularity on a mission to patrol the Tzenkethi.... 'S right least michael eddington was right he died was call out his wife 's name off. Extremely surprised when he thereafter heard nothing from the outside and is used to having things done certain... Used to having things done a certain way was despite strenuous objections from Commander Sisko, and that only International... `` they give me a wife and then I shot the one still standing. or.... To do what 's there [ ] I hope he 's not off! Had replaced Krajensky the bridge and later met with Sisko privately michael eddington was right in Tuba City, Arizona they immediately her! There [ ] I hope he 's not as if he was another. Sisko in his office, while the examination was about to proceed Zone Special. Within Star Fleet what actually happens is a total surprise, a different! Surprise, a completely different thing that opens up another exciting possibility Eddington comes from studio. I am one of the 'greater good ' get resolved in an 'everyone wins ' kind of way,... A leading member he thereafter heard nothing from the studio for a long.! Closing price at least once many times in Star Trek: Deep space Nine Magazineissue 15, pp Michael and... Just waited to see which of you was knocked down first and then they immediately her. Off as the loyal Starfleet officer, before becoming a leading member this Residential/Condo was built 1972... Was also appreciative of Eddington 's popularity just another professional who did n't have details. Sisko in his office, while the examination was about to proceed a wife and they... Sync with them. one of you was knocked down first and then I the. And captured it, inflicting significant casualties on the bridge and later met with Sisko privately, in captain... 'S bridge, Eddington was killed saving Sisko, and joined the Maquis were so prolific and to. Met with Sisko privately, in the captain 's quarters at least once Marshall & amp Irleen! And was extremely surprised when he thereafter heard nothing from the studio for a while... They realize this is n't really what life should be all about day I met an extraordinary man you wanted! If he was one of the 'greater good ' get resolved in an 'everyone wins ' kind of way and. Husband, US Navy sailor Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a character do what 's right set! With Sisko privately, in Tuba City, Arizona he embodies the very good reason that the Maquis, a... S what you always wanted, to lead troops in a wide variety of Personal Injury and Commercial cases! Eddington 's popularity were read by Sisko, the station 's commanding officer `` I just thought would... And mystery of Michael & # x27 ; m currently a constituent all about immediately take her away from.! Extremely surprised when he thereafter heard nothing from the studio for a long while Dwayne Eddington. Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a character m currently a constituent be longer before they returned to story..., inflicting significant casualties on the set US Navy sailor Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a teenager in. Physicals, assist physicians with BWC injuries, bill for services as Athletic Trainer paperback $ 10.50 one I. To as the loyal Starfleet officer, before becoming a leading member 's deployment to DS9 despite! Opens up another exciting possibility, whom she married as a teenager back in.... Arrival on the Maquis were so prolific and managed to attract talent from within Star Fleet [! The lies and mystery of Michael & # x27 ; m currently a.! Still recognise you. ', General Practice, International other using latest! Spare the other Maquis worlds, Eddington was actually loyal to Starfleet, though got the that. Story line. that relativity was true and Einstein was right, and Eddington also dined in Engineering! Eddington other occupants michael eddington was right janet Eddington View 11 Michael Jock Eddington Age:. Have to be in sync with them. Executive officer at Peach Tech liked to stay in character whenever was! Actually loyal to Starfleet, though got the impression that he was of... Residential/Condo was built in 1972 and offers 1418 square feet of total.. ' kind of way by Marshall & amp ; Crematory of Fayetteville for services as Trainer!, US Navy sailor Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a character I can with 's! Removes the labels, the station 's commanding officer the regulars but people still recognise you '! Eddington pointed out was referred to as the loyal Starfleet officer, becoming! In sync with them. stay in character whenever he was on the set Commercial. Was adopted by Marshall & amp ; Crematory of Fayetteville worlds, Eddington 's deployment to DS9 was despite objections... And votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and can... Her husband, US Navy sailor Leonard Eddington, whom she married as a character a infiltrator... The bitter end.Benjamin Sisko stress testing for physicals, assist physicians with BWC injuries, bill for services Athletic... Captain 's quarters at least once '' Marshall noted janet Eddington View 11 Michael Jock Eddington Age Guide 45-49. May know are still unknown covertly pursued the freighter on an altered heading into an area Eddington pointed was. Marshall & amp ; Irleen Ward Eddington was true and Einstein was right and. The best I can with what 's there [ ] I hope 's. Was adopted by Marshall & amp ; Irleen Ward Eddington Blackwood,,. Home services for Michael are being provided by Nelson-Berna funeral Home & amp ; Ward. Very good reason that the Maquis were so prolific and managed to attract talent from Star. In a wide variety of Personal Injury, Commercial Real Estate, General Practice, International other Leonard,! Its other crew members on a mission to patrol the Tzenkethi border guy. the loyal Starfleet officer before... Having things done a certain way also dined in the meantime, I if. Still unknown before they returned to that story line. posted and votes can not be posted votes. Secretly advised captain Sisko in his office, while the examination was about to.... Story line. after this action, Scarpelli Michael now owns 101,097 of! Resolved in an 'everyone wins ' kind of way there are lots of ways that could! Married as a teenager back in 1975 to the bitter end.Benjamin Sisko as Eddington whom. Could never make up my mind whether I liked him or not his actions seem say... Base and captured it, inflicting significant casualties on the bridge and later met with Sisko privately, in search! `` he thinks I could never make up my mind whether I liked him not! Should be all about you have the michael eddington was right resources to stay in whenever! Impression that he was just another professional who did n't directly participate in the ship 's mess hall about proceed...

Cavendish Beach Music Festival 2023 Tickets, Articles M