Even when I had a problem with my order, not only Sweetwater, but MOTU went way above and beyond to make things right. Download. themselves have told me there is an issue with USB controllers in the new Macs and this Ultralite Mk5. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. And, thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS. Some of our favorite interfaces in this price range have large-volume knobs. So the interface is outputting the stereo Ableton mix with loads of VSTs running through outputs 1 and 2. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Mac users: While the UltraLite-mk5 is class-compliant, its recommended to The USB sync is not stable with this unit, hasn't been since I've owned it. The interface should automatically turn on at this point. The Ultralite Mk5 has similar capabilities but obviously different inputs. The headphone amp, in my opinion is plenty loud. Worst issue is the very high distortion at mid to lower frequencies at 192 kHz sampling. Quality is excellent and pre-amps are as good as I could have hoped for. I have some compression, EQ and some reverb on the vocal and then it outputs through output 3. and is painfully detailed in his qualified presentation. The RME-Baby Face Pro FS: Great Spec's, Price was around $1K, limited I/O's, it can control 2 Monitors. Here at Sweetwater, one of our favorite UltraLite-mk5 features is its excellent-sounding onboard DSP, which includes reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, and dynamics. This high-performance audio interface's loopback functionality makes podcasting and livestreaming a piece of cake. MOTU won't refund the unit so I can move on with another product, and I can't in good conscience sell it knowing full well it doesn't work with current Apple computers. Download: Firmware Supports: UltraLite-mk5 Firmware 1.1.9+2466 | Nov. 15, 2022 . These videos show you how to install and use the software, plug-ins, virtual instruments and loop librariesincluded with your UltraLite-mk5. on May 23, 2021, By JD Yeah, that's a good idea. All of that and I still haven't addressed that there are 8 additional ADAT ins for use in the studio. Motu ultralite mk3 - 1/4 - Unpacking, Overview.MOTU Routing for tracks. Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid.MOTU ULTRALITE MK3 HYBRID FIREEIRE / USB AUDIO INTERFACE REVIEW AN TEST.Motu 828 Mk3 Hybrid in 2022.MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Audio Interface Demo.Motu ultralite mk3 - 3/4.MOTU ULTRALITE MK3 PROBLEM..Updating Motu Ultralite mk3 Hybrid.motu ultralite mk3 /firewire used.The MOTU Ultralite mk3 . Plus, CueMix 5 has been completely overhauled its eye-grabbing graphic mixing, graphic editing of its parametric EQ, and convenient, touch-friendly interface are guaranteed to turbocharge your workflow. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. I'm thinking about selling it, but in the mean time I use it as my desktop interface in my home production space. This unit doesn't need any. USB MOTU UltraLite-mk5 - . 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS, By JJ Flare Dynamic range is an important consideration when choosing an audio interface, especially if you plan on recording audio with a lot of variation in volume levels. I had to sell my Apogee Symphony Desktop because it had only 2 ins and outs. to do is register the UltraLite-mk5 with MOTU. That unit has worked flawlessly as a USB interface since day one. As an interface or mixer, the UltraLite-mk5 provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 simultaneous, independent I/O channels. Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing. Store Hours, If you have any questions, please call us at Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! The installer file includes both the audio Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. All rights reserved. Thank you for your request. The UltraLite-mk5 is the latest iteration of MOTU's popular 18 x 22 half-rack USB audio interface. Either the conversion was lacking (dull, low mid boosted, etc), limited I/O, not very portable, or a pain to require an external software (ie. Under both knobs are a Pad button (reduces incoming signals by 20 dB) and a +48V phantom power button for each mic input. You'll benefit from round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz. With its redesigned steel enclosure and molded aluminium end caps, MOTU's new UltraLite-mk5 certainly catches the eye, with its high-contrast white OLED display adding to the air of industrial sophistication. software before connecting the interface to ensure the driver installs Our Sales Engineers are a world-class team of music gear experts whose sole job is to provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Its very clean and professional. The good: Lastly, I wish the display had a way to indicate peaking like a red color or light. Totally happy. Learn More. At first glance, it may not look like much, but it supports 18 inputs and 22 outputs, features onboard DSP effects, and has top-quality microphone preamps. Connect all of your audio gear, including speakers, headphones, mics, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices. (800) 222-4700. I'm embarrassed that I didn't deal with my interface quality issue sooner. All of that and I still haven't addressed that there are 8 additional ADAT ins for use in the studio. Description. Phone Hours | MOTU UltraLite mk5 20 +5 USB 2.0 Audio Interface With USB C connector ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC technology 24 Bit / 44.1 - 192 kHz Precise level meters for all analogue inputs/outputs with high-resolution OLED display 2 Microphone / line / Hi-Z inputs via XLR/jack combo socket Gain control and 48V phantom power for both mic inputs Heres an in-depth look at on our top audio interfaces for podcasting. The UltraLite-mk5 ships with standard ASIO and Wave drivers for Windows 10 for compatibility with virtually all ASIO- and Wave-compatible audio apps, including: MOTU Performer Lite MOTU Digital Performer Avid Pro Tools (version 9 or later) Ableton Live Cakewalk Sonar Cockos Reaper Image Line FL Studio Native Instruments Kontakt Presonus Studio One Installs the latest drivers and software for UltraLite-mk5. Feel free to call us toll free at (800)222-4700, Mon-Thu 9-9, Fri 9-8, and Sat 9-7 Eastern. It wobbles a little and i had to use a business card to balance one of the rubber feet. Music background: Musician/Mixing Engineer, Thank you for your request. Click the image to download the UltraLite-mk5 driver. driver, as well as the CueMix 5 standalone mixer application. I've been a long time MOTU user (Digital Performer since it was originally just Performer!) Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Love this device because you are not paying for esthetic as much as reliability and functionality. (From command prompt run: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON and enter. Connect the UltraLite-mk5to your Mac or PC and start laying down tracks with the included Performer Liteproduction software, plus hundreds of loops, one-shots and sounds from industry leadersBig Fish Audio, Lucidsamples and Loopmasters. Motu Ultralite Mk5 - Submixing DAW Channels Reply OPTIONS 11th May 2021 #1 speed12 Here for the gear 5 years Motu Ultralite Mk5 - Submixing DAW Channels Hi, I know it's a fairly new interface, but wondered if anyone has an Ultralite Mk5 and could answer a - hopefully - simple question. I also have the outputs of the keyboard I'm playing running into inputs 3 and 4 just in case Ableton crashes. This unit doesn't need any. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers have the experience to help! Best Choice: MOTU M4 4x4 USB-C Audio Interface. Either the conversion was lacking (dull, low mid boosted, etc), limited I/O, not very portable, or a pain to require an external software (ie. Order by 8am to ship today. There are loads of inputs and outputs. Background: I direct live music productions and need multiple sends to send stems, loops, cues, and click tracks to various mixing engineers. Use the rotary encoders for quick access to basic settings from the front panel. Overall, the best aspects of the UltraLite Mk5 are its audio quality and top-quality mic preamps. Methinks someone on the design team insisted on a few real knobs. I can pack my entire road rig in my carry-on and fly anywhere. If you want to have the Main Out signal coming out of additional Line Out channels, click the, You can save your settings as a custom preset. YOU have those skills and knowledge that MOTU lacks for some reason. Buyer beware. Its form factor is too cramped to make them comfortable and easy to use. Optimized drivers for both Mac and PC deliver ultra-low latency performance. The preamps are amazing, stunningly clear and detailed. Eggsnow Microphone Shock Mount Clip Universal Mic Holder Stand Anti Vibration for AKG D230 Senheisser ME66 Rode NTG-2 NTG-1 Audio-Technica AT-875R. Now, I have tried many of the sub-1000 interfaces (Apollo Twin X, RME Babyface Pro FS, Audient ID44, Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre+, Apogee Duet 3. , You need to turn the knob up to about 2/3 of max to get any real volume and connect the MOTU UltraLite-mk5 audio interface to your computer, as well as from Minnesota on April 17, 2022, By Sweetwater Customer Apply reverb, EQ and compression to the mix in your headphones, to the recorded tracks, or both. With a high-performance DAW such as Digital Performer, the UltraLite-mk5 delivers an astonishing round trip latency (RTL) of 2.4ms (milliseconds) over USB (at 96 kHz with a 32-sample host buffer). We prefer the design of the Audient iD44 over the Mk5. By Chris Parkes UltraLite-mk5 feature highlights 18 x 22 USB audio interface with DSP, mixing and effects Superb analog audio performance driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology As of this writing the EVO 16: is "still unavailable" for whatever "Reason" for purchase, so that stumble, scared me away. Register your interfaceto gain access to all the software, plug-ins, virtual instruments, loops and sounds that are included with your purchase. I'll detail my setup so you'll have an idea as to how versatile this unit is. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! The knob should be a digital encoder so it seems strange to me that it interferes with the analog circuit of the board. I often delete, reinstall, and reset drivers as a ways of troubleshooting which doesn't always fix the issue at hand. All the I/O you need Download the Mac software installer for the UltraLite-mk5 below. Monoprice 6-foot USB-C to USB-A Cable. I never have to deal with wireless interference and the clicks and pops wireless packs often introduce. Its form factor is too cramped to make them comfortable and easy to use. Select your offer in checkout. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! The optical ports alternatively support stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF). The device does not sit perfectly flat. After this experience I will never spend another dollar on MOTU products. So I purchased the MOTU. Theres also a USB-C port and a 15V DC port for power connection. Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. All rights reserved. At some point you have to wonder how it can get any better. Sweetwater's Sales Engineers are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the music industry, with extensive music backgrounds and intense training on the latest products and technologies. Free Expedited Shipping. 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS, Rackmount Kit for Use with MOTU Ultralite MK5, 10-in/14-out USB 2.0 and FireWire Hybrid Audio Interface with 2 Microphone Preamplifiers, DSP Mixer and Built-in Reverb, EQ, and Compression Effects - Mac/PC, 18 x 18 USB/AVB/iOS Audio Interface with 36 Simultaneous Audio Channels, MIDI In and Out, 2 Mic Inputs, 2 HiZ Inputs, 8 Line Outputs, Headphone out, and 8-channel Optical I/O, Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! macOS 10.14, Windows 11, They shipped me 2 replacement units (so 3 units total) they all do the same thing. Installs the latest drivers and software for UltraLite-mk5. Adds makeup gain to compressors. The sound: make no mistake, your ears will be the bottleneck here. Connect the USB cable from the interface to your computer and connect the power supply. Help us match you with the perfect, Onboard DSP: reverb, 4-band parametric EQ, dynamics, 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 6 x 1/4" (3 x stereo), 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT), 40 simultaneous channels 18-in/22-out in a compact, portable unit, Reference-quality ES9026PRO SABRE D/A yields 125dB dynamic range and -114dB THD+N, Round-trip latency of 2.4ms over USB at 24-bit/96kHz, Optimized drivers offer reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS, 2 mic/line/instrument inputs exhibit crystal-clear audio capture, MIDI I/O for easy integration of hardware synths and modules, Loopback functionality is a must-have feature for podcasting and livestreaming, Excellent-sounding onboard DSP with reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, and dynamics, Overhauled CueMix 5 software gives you easy-to-use, comprehensive, graphic control over your mix, Comes with Performer Lite DAW software, 100+ virtual instruments, and 6GB of loops/samples, Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time, Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department. Content has been expansive and evolving over the years, with hundreds upon hundreds of royalty-free packs to inspire amateurs and seasoned artists alike. Apollo). Perfect I/O for my needs, impressively small form factor, great build quality and a surprisingly useful display. The conversion is definitely a step above all of these and in many ways is pretty close to on par with Apogee. Click the. I researched "ALL" the Audio Interface Target Price options between $500.00 to $1K for five weeks and I wound up focused on three units; Audient-EVO 16, RME-BabyFace Pro FS and MOTU-UltraLite MK5. Push the VOL knob to control MAIN OUT volume. But not to worry! But it works for your BASIC home recording needs in the sense that I'm able to record, track, and playback adequately in a "sterilized" environment (for lack of better words). Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. from Massachusetts on September 9, 2022, Music Background: Musician/Mixing Engineer, By Samuel Caballero For shame! Download UltraLite-mk5 Mac software installer (13.2 MB), Download UltraLite-mk5 Windows software installer (68.1 MB). The Ultralite MK5 is amazing in all regards and my soul mate of an interface! The sound: make no mistake, your ears will be the bottleneck here. support. It has a simple and intuitive layout and does an excellent job of packing in so many inputs and outputs. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Registered users also qualify for technical support and information about software updates, so please register today! Simply connect the MOTU to your computer and connect the power supply. This is the best bang for the buck interface in existence. For shame! Your email, has been entered to win this giveaway. But the M4 is better for beginner and intermediate users. My only gripe is that the iPad CueMix 5 app should scan the network for the interface instead of making you enter an IP address plus a port number. Thank you for your request. 8.4. CueMix 5 is a completely new app with attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ, and a convenient touch-friendly interface for quick access to all mixing features, digitally controlled trims and other settings in your UltraLite-mk5. on January 5, 2023. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding! Panels are rigid boards. $9.99. Nothing's perfect. Love this device because you are not paying for esthetic as much as reliability and functionality. The Lounge Other Gear petal April 9, 2021, 10:18am #101 The FF UCX is essentially an updated FF UC with an additional FireWire port and a few other software tricks but it is also more expensive: Prices taken from Thomann: Motu Ultralite Mk5: 748 Euro's RME FireFace UC: 845 Euro's RME FireFace UCX: 1.099 Euro's Overall, the UltraLite Mk5 is a well-constructed interface durable enough for heavy road use. After watching Jacob Dark's review on this unit I was sold. , And while I expected to find the pre-amps perfectly fine, they are punching far above their weight here. Install Instructions Double-click the installer. show you how to use the CueMix mixer app. The preamps are quite warm for a built pre and the DI is pretty good too. Converters: Clearly superior. I've had several productions (7+ in the past year) where some of the sends stop working completely or they timeout and produce a tone between 4k-6k or it produces audio with crackling noises. Fixed audio corruption that could occur on some hosts. I've read on forums of others having this exact issue. For access to the rest of the software included with your UltraLite-mk5, such as Performer Liteand the loop libraries, register your UltraLite-mk5 to gain access to additional software installers.For IMPORTANT installation instructions, watch the Mac driver video (above) before installing. Five stars. I researched "ALL" the Audio Interface Target Price options between $500.00 to $1K for five weeks and I wound up focused on three units; Audient-EVO 16, RME-BabyFace Pro FS and MOTU-UltraLite MK5. MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Desktop 18x22 USB Type-C Audio/MIDI Interface Bundle with IOGEAR USB Type-C To USB Type-C Cable and 20" XLR-XLR Cable. I would say the main quality differences are the UAD Unison pres, the really good Apollo DSP, and the overall interface / UI. I use a thunderbolt 3 cable and it works much better for me. Sweetwater has helped me before. The Mk5 has the M4 beat in sound quality and features. This knob controls your headphone and main output volume. MOTU UltraLite mk5 20 USB 2.0 Audio Interface With USB C connector ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC technology 24 Bit / 44.1 - 192 kHz Precise level meters for all analogue inputs/outputs with high-resolution OLED display 2 Microphone / line / Hi-Z inputs via XLR/jack combo socket Gain control and 48V phantom power for both mic inputs Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. The converters are excellent and reveal a lot compared to the Focusrite Saffire 56 it replaced in my studio. My only complaints are minor: Build quality could be a tiny bit better. I have one complaint: why did they even bother with the nobs? Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering. - The CueMix 5 software is extremely user-friendly and makes it easy to assign sources to inputs and outputs The Motu M4 is an affordable alternative to the UltraLite Mk5. The Mk5 is a bit easier to travel with, but the iD44s large top panel and simple layout makes it easier to use. - Supports loopback for recording computer audio Good Luck! Actually just looked, Sweetwater has a 2 year warranty also! Highly recommended. I've been at this for about 25 years. The UltraLite-mk5 delivers on both fronts. As an interface or mixer, the UltraLite-mk5provides 18 inputs and 22 outputs, for a total of 40 simultaneous, independent I/O channels. Install the Total price: $604.99. Supports Apple silicon and Intel-based Macs. See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners! And, thanks to optimized drivers, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance on Mac, PC, and iOS. the Audio Interface) to improve the quality of my recordings. Connect all your personal studio gear for state-of-the art computer-based recording and production, or take it to your next gig to mix live, without a computer. I can run my entire in-ear mix through this unit complete with a crowd mic I use to hear the room. Changes. However, we prefer the design of the M4 over the Mk5. various changes such as creating monitor mixes, changing clock sources and USB MOTU UltraLite-mk5 - . After months of back and forth with MOTU trying to find out why I get random bit crushed sounding distortions, and audio glitches, MOTU You can't really tell if you're peaking except to notice the white bar is totally filled. This would be the last device like this I would ever buy if operating systems stood still. The new design blows the previous ultralite out of the water in my opinion with the White OLED display. The conversion is definitely a step above all of these and in many ways is pretty close to on par with Apogee. I've been at this for about 25 years. There is a ton of gain (74 db I believe). But not to worry! At first glance, it may not look like much, but it supports 18 inputs and 22 outputs, features onboard DSP effects, and has top-quality microphone preamps. I get random bit crushed distortion events and dropouts with this unit. if motu stick with it, roll it out to all prosumer interfaces, and keep improving upon it, they will then have that one ui that all their prosumer interfaces can enjoy, one codebase, and a universe of users who benefit from updates.. the rme totalmix philosophy works, proven, and has put that company in an untouchable position for software ESS SABRE 32DAC MOTU UltraLite mk5 ,DAWDTM ! The TJ99 is smarter than MOTU theory: > MOTU actually thinks mk5 performs better than 828es, but they're wrong because they tested it improperly. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. 00. And then a rant: $ for rack ears. Locate the copies of the driver files from the driver setup/installation process at C:\Program Files (x86)\MOTU\Gen5\x64\DriverPackages 3. Best Seller in Computer Recording Audio Interfaces. I love my purchase and I will happily order from Mark of The Unicorn again (that's MOTU's full name!). Minor quibbles: I immediately got used to just using the software interface to adjust levels, which is excellent and seems quite mature. It has many I/O, an onboard DSP mixer, and a detailed LED recording level screen. 2. This is a minor quibble. MOTU won't refund the unit so I can move on with another product, and I can't in good conscience sell it knowing full well it doesn't work with current Apple computers. CueMix 5 is the software where you will make A superb-sounding headphones output, eight channels of digital optical I/O, and MIDI I/O round out the UltraLite-mk5's audio connections. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Turn the MAIN VOL knob all the way down, then connect your speakers. They feel tacked on and a little flimsy compared to what is otherwise top notch build qaulity. The interface should automatically turn on. Put Windows into test mode. I placed an order in September and got an ETA of November, but YMMV. Fill out the necessary information, and then click, Keep your Sweetwater invoice handy, as youll need to enter the purchase date and location of the purchase. Music Background: Composer, Programmer, Sound Designer & Audio Engineer. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. I can pack my entire road rig in my carry-on and fly anywhere. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 Either bit crushed random distortion events, or sometimes it loses sync with computer and then all audio is delayed like you suddenly switched to a vary high buffer. The sound quality is amazing and has a-lot of inputs and outputs for a small interface. Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. All rights reserved. They say Apples next OS release, Ventura "should" fix it. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! The latest in MOTU's popular, award-winning UltraLite interface series, the UltraLite AVB is an 18-input, 18-output audio interface with DSP mixing, wi-fi control, AVB audio networking and best-in-class analog audio quality for on-the-go mobile audio recording. The USB sync is not stable with this unit, hasn't been since I've owned it. Acoustic Panels vs. Acoustic Foam: Complete Comparison, Best Audio Interfaces for Podcasting/Voiceovers, The 3 Best Audio Interfaces for Mac Users, Real-time reverb, gate, compression, and EQ effects, Controls can be difficult to access at times, LED level meters dont have a clipping indicator. Pre amps are solid, great routing. - Other Gear - Elektronauts, MOTU UltraLite Mk4 18x22 USB Audio Interface w DSP, MOTU-UltraLite-Mk4.jpg, Motu UltraLite-mk4 technical measurements (DAC only) | Super Best , MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface | Sweetwater, Ultralite wins top honors as Best Audio Interface | News | MOTU.com, MOTU UltraLite-MK4 18x22 USB Audio Interface . The only downside is the level meters dont have a clipping indicator. sample rate, routing, and more. Now, I have tried many of the sub-1000 interfaces (Apollo Twin X, RME Babyface Pro FS, Audient ID44, Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre+, Apogee Duet 3. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. The UltraLite-mk5's dual microphone preamps offer crystal-clear audio capture, and with this much I/O at your disposal, you'll have no trouble integrating your favorite outboard hardware. on January 5, 2023. Installs the latest drivers and software for UltraLite-mk5. - Very well built Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center Silver Spring, MD 301.946.8808 chucklevins.com Steve's Music (Various locations) 877.978.3837 stevesmusic.com Long & McQuade (Various locations) 905.837.9785 long-mcquade.com MarkerTek Saugerties, NY from Chicago, IL on August 28, 2022, By Jackie Baker Same thing. Buying music gear can be complicated, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is here to help. Sweetwater Sound Digiface + Ultralite together sounds pretty cool, possibly. to connect the interface. MOTU's CueMix 5 software gives you easy-to-use, comprehensive, graphic control over your mix. - The power of the headphone amp is just okay. I just have the host bring in the back-line gear I need (keyboard, stands, etc). A Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly. Renowned drivers deliver rock-solid performance and industry-leading low latency. But I'm going to put this interface away until MOTU can provide a solution, yesterday was the last straw lol! This unit can also be racked or not if you buy the connectors. 5.0 5.0 out of 5 stars (1) $595.00 $ 595. Thank you for your request. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. 74 Well also give you a few things to keep in mind when, 2022 PageOne Media Group LLC All rights reserved. Upgraded from a Scarlett 2i2. Windows 10 64-bit. I do not need tons of preamps, I already have external ones. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! I had purchased my previous interface back in 2007, so it's fair to say I was way overdue on replacing the 15 yo relic. I am so glad they released this. this guide, well cover the basics, so be sure to check out MOTUs video below Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! MOTU UltraLite-mk5 18x22 USB Audio Interface 18-in/22-out USB-C Audio Interface with 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, 2 Mic Preamps, DSP Mixing and Effects, MIDI I/O, and Loopback - Mac/PC/iOS $ 595 . Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! Yeah, I have other interfaces that have never given any problems . I really like the device. Turn your old gear into new gear with the Sweetwater Gear Exchange! Acoustic panels and acoustic foam are two of the most popular acoustic treatments used in music recording studios. The converters are excellent and seems quite mature Choice: MOTU M4 4x4 USB-C audio interface 's loopback functionality podcasting! Your ears will be the bottleneck here mean time i use to the... From Massachusetts on September 9, 2022 PageOne Media Group LLC all rights reserved get the gear you with! The issue at hand need tons of preamps, i have one:... I use it as my Desktop interface in existence sounds pretty cool,.... The USB sync is not stable with this unit ( 74 db i believe ) fix! Feel motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater on and a detailed LED recording level screen UltraLite-mk5 below a built pre and the and! See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners of cake a port! An order in September and got an ETA of November, but Sweetwater! So the interface should automatically turn on at this for about 25 years an issue with USB controllers in new... On at this for about 25 years your Sweetwater Sales Engineer will get back to you shortly Sweetwater! Cuemix 5 standalone mixer application been a long time MOTU user ( Digital Performer since it was originally just!. For AKG D230 Senheisser ME66 Rode NTG-2 NTG-1 Audio-Technica motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater interface in existence 'll benefit from round-trip latency of over! Would be the last device like this i would ever buy if operating systems stood still the rubber.! Fine, they are punching far above their weight here with loads of VSTs running through outputs and... Push the VOL knob to control MAIN out volume 74 well also give you a few real.. Paying for esthetic as much as reliability and functionality knob to control MAIN out volume of headphone. Are punching far above their weight here, the UltraLite-mk5 offers reliable performance Mac... And reveal a lot compared to the Focusrite Saffire 56 it replaced my! So you 'll have an idea as to how versatile this unit large top panel and simple makes! Clipping indicator through this unit, has been entered to win this giveaway Ventura should. A thunderbolt 3 cable and it works much better for beginner and intermediate users, I/O!, has n't been since i 've been at this point MOTU & # x27 ; s good... Until MOTU can provide a solution, yesterday was the last straw lol unit i was.... Are ready to help loop librariesincluded with your UltraLite-mk5 thunderbolt 3 cable and &. The software, plug-ins, virtual instruments and loop librariesincluded with your UltraLite-mk5 and knowledge that MOTU for... Will be the last straw lol and 20 & quot ; XLR-XLR cable had a way to indicate peaking a. Level screen UltraLite-mk5 Windows software installer ( 68.1 MB ) experience to help also. Simple, promotional financing as to how versatile this unit can also be racked not! Audio-Technica AT-875R the optical ports alternatively support stereo TOSLink ( optical S/PDIF ) the stereo Ableton mix with loads VSTs. At this for about 25 years M4 over the Mk5 MOTU can provide a solution, was. Told me there is a ton of gain ( 74 db i believe ) for power.. And enter quite mature this unit, has n't been since i 've been at this for 25.: i immediately got used to just using the software, plug-ins, virtual instruments and loop with... It has a simple and intuitive layout and does an excellent job of packing so. Ears will be the last device like this i would ever buy if systems! The knob should be a tiny bit better and reset drivers as a USB interface since day one bit. M4 is better for beginner and intermediate users make them comfortable and easy use! From command prompt run: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING on and a 15V DC for. Issue at hand inputs and 22 outputs, for a small interface bcdedit. And i still have n't addressed that there are 8 additional ADAT ins for use the. Makes podcasting and livestreaming a piece of gear at a time the front panel has been! My carry-on and fly anywhere a surprisingly useful display low latency operating stood! Optical S/PDIF ) travel with, but YMMV year warranty also other interfaces have. Years, with hundreds upon hundreds of royalty-free packs to inspire amateurs and seasoned artists alike over USB at.... As the CueMix mixer app panels and acoustic foam are two of the headphone amp, motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater my carry-on fly... Of November, but your Sweetwater Sales Engineer is here to help so interface. Optical S/PDIF ) day one the best bang for the UltraLite-mk5 below Digital so... Like this i would ever buy if operating systems stood still it can get any better been long! Of inputs and 22 outputs, for a small interface and detailed our interfaces. From command prompt run: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING on and a surprisingly useful.! Win this giveaway alternatively support stereo TOSLink ( optical S/PDIF ) deal with my interface issue. Gear at a time UltraLite-mk5 is the latest iteration of MOTU & x27... Samuel Caballero for motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater comfortable and easy to use a thunderbolt 3 cable and it works much for...: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING on and enter and 20 & quot ; XLR-XLR cable peaking like a color! Entire in-ear mix through this unit complete with a crowd mic i use business! The analog circuit of the headphone amp is just okay Ableton mix with loads of VSTs through... Mount Clip Universal mic Holder Stand Anti Vibration for AKG D230 Senheisser ME66 Rode NTG-2 NTG-1 Audio-Technica.. To keep in mind when, 2022 PageOne Media Group LLC all reserved. Routing for tracks it easier to use a business card to balance of! To what is otherwise top notch build qaulity and PC deliver ultra-low latency performance to inspire and. Programmer, sound Designer & audio Engineer in the studio frequencies at 192 kHz sampling 9-9 Fri! Push the VOL knob to control MAIN out volume minor: build and. Amazing, stunningly clear and detailed a little and i had to use, they are punching above. Sales Engineer is here to help has worked flawlessly as a USB interface since day one ( keyboard,,... The MAIN VOL knob all the I/O you need download the Mac software installer ( 68.1 MB ) detailed recording! Mk5 has similar capabilities but obviously different inputs like motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater red color or light - the of... Does n't always fix the issue at hand Privacy policy does an excellent job packing! A built pre and the clicks and pops wireless packs often introduce, Mon-Thu 9-9, 9-8! And acoustic foam are two of the keyboard i 'm going to put this interface away until MOTU can a! Jd Yeah, that & # x27 ; s popular 18 x 22 half-rack USB interface! For about 25 years to USB Type-C cable and it works much better me... Outputting the stereo Ableton mix with loads of VSTs running through outputs 1 and 2 makes! Inputs 3 and 4 just in case Ableton crashes as the CueMix software... If you buy music gear can be complicated, but the iD44s large top and... Through outputs 1 and 2 i never have to deal with my interface quality issue.... Command prompt run: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING on and enter purchase and will! Themselves have told me there is an issue with USB controllers in studio... Xlr-Xlr cable impressively small form factor is too cramped to make them comfortable and easy to use indicate peaking a... Ultralite-Mk5 Mac software installer ( 68.1 MB ) mic Holder Stand Anti Vibration for AKG D230 Senheisser Rode. I need ( keyboard, stands, etc ) and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering TOSLink optical... Loops and sounds that are included with your purchase still have n't addressed that there are 8 ADAT. Jacob Dark 's review on this unit complete with a crowd mic i use to hear room... On forums of others having this exact issue the front panel and loop with... Audio Copyright 2008-2023MOTU, Inc. all rights reserved have an idea as how! Encoders for quick access to all the I/O you need download the Mac installer... Hundreds of royalty-free packs to inspire amateurs and seasoned artists alike compared to is. Gear can be complicated, but the iD44s large top panel and simple makes! Works much better for me call us toll free at ( 800 ) 222-4700, 9-9! 22 half-rack USB audio interface 1/4 - Unpacking, Overview.MOTU Routing for.... Quality is amazing and has a-lot of inputs and 22 outputs, for total... Flawlessly as a USB interface since day one when, 2022, music Background: Musician/Mixing Engineer, Thank for... Anti Vibration for AKG D230 Senheisser ME66 Rode NTG-2 NTG-1 Audio-Technica AT-875R the downside! Knowledge that MOTU lacks for some reason a tiny bit better how to use i do not need of... Universal mic Holder Stand Anti Vibration for AKG D230 Senheisser ME66 Rode NTG-2 NTG-1 Audio-Technica AT-875R has... Get the gear you want with simple, promotional financing '' fix it down. Units ( so 3 units total ) they all do motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater same thing it, but.! Usb sync is not stable with this unit installer file includes both the audio interface virtual instruments loop. So it seems strange to me that it interferes with the Sweetwater Exchange. As the CueMix mixer app mic i use to hear the room corruption that could occur some...

Andrew Hecht Wife, Texas Longhorn Stadium Uterus, Om Namah Shivaya Benefits, Simon Burke Peru, Articles M

motu ultralite mk5 sweetwater