Non-stop hot water. Generally, such water heaters trouble mostly after the warranty period; so you can risk it. . Its easy to determine which Tempra model best satisfies a households needs. They are a fantastic company with great quality products and service. However, I wish the flow detection switch was either more sensitive, or user adjustable. - Linda, Excellent unit working with Solar Thermal Hot Water Purchase and installed my unit in April 2015; wanted to wait a full year before making a review. Tempra 20 Trend Self-Modulating 19.2 kW 3.90 GPM Compact Residential Electric Tankless Water Heater (20) Questions & Answers In a small utility/laundry room I replaced my 40gal electric hot water storage tank with a 60gal storage tank for storing solar thermally heated water. I have the Tempra set high at 128 and my my solar thermal storage tank set at max temp of 175degF; there are no issues with water at 175degC passing through Temprait just does not power on. This can be important in some installations to prevent the possibility of scalding. - James Lansbery, So far, so goodI bought this specific product because it used the maximum voltage available considering my residence's electrical setup (briefed by my electrician here). The Stiebel Eltron Tempra 20 Trend, with a maximum power output of 19.2 KW, is designed for whole house applications in regions where the incoming water temperature is above 60, and is therefore suitable as a whole house water heater in the southern U.S. and in some warmer northern climates. With original receipt. - Anonymous, SO much betterPurchased this unit to replace another tankless water heater and the Tempra 24 Plus is SO much better. The Tempra 20 Plus also features dynamic Advanced Flow Control technology exclusive to Stiebel Eltron. Stiebel Eltron Tempra has the most modern technology of microprocessor; this chip does not let any fluctuation in water temperature feel despite the change of flow rate. Reliable 100% of the time. The the fact that you buy a water heater for a stack of the dollar only to find out you have to pay that much or more to install it with professional is frustrating. If the heaters capacity is ever exceeded, this technology automatically adjusts the flow of water to maintain the desired temperature. I did not have room for 2 tanks so I decided to go tank less water heating. Installation was easy and the flow control on this unit makes all the difference. The only difficulty in installation would be that most homes do not have two double-pole 50 amp circuit breakers. - Daniel, Quality ServiceThe unit is performing wonderfullybut just as important was the expert advice and support that I received from Grant Robertson at E-Tankless - Janice B, Tanklesssuper easy to install once the electrician finished wiring, the water is hot and for our small home with 2 adults, we have never ran out of hot water. 0000074368 00000 n Should mention a flushing system should be installed at the same time to get rid of calcium.. - G. Martin, So Far so good Im in CA and I replaced it in the summer, so far it was easy to install, and easy to work with, I will know if it is the perfect unit when winter comes and the inbound water is colder but so far so good. I was able to return the unit. No fears. Disposal of a tankless has a much lower environmental impact, and all major components are recyclable. Great service and products. Will update this once it's running. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny! One thing is sure to water temperature will not change because of flow change only deciding factor is your choice to change it. Completely satisfied! Spend the money, get the system. Style: Tempra 20 Trend (20 kW) Tempra 20 Trend (20 kW) 1.4 Stiebel Eltron DCE Premium Tankless Water Heater Troubleshooting. - Phil, Love my new water heater, light years ahead of my old Sets system. I was worried about the size since we could not go up to the 36 Plus. - Burke Race, overallSo far it is excellent - Oscar Henry, Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 PLUS Tankless Water HeaterI am very pleased with the performance of my Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 Plus Tankless Water Heater. - Robert Littlefield, Exceptional WaterCarbon filter, water softener and tankless water heater. The system literally pays for itself. This feature is exclusive to Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus Series tankless water heaters! US $479.50. 0000126655 00000 n Two showers and a dishwasher all at the same time and everyone gets hot water - Ed G, Does what it was intended Provides unlimited hot water for the house. INSTANTANS LECTRIQUES. We set the water temperature to 125 and the water was MUCH hotter than our Tank-water heater could ever do, so we moved the temp down to 115 on the dial which literally takes seconds. However, I wish the flow detection switch was either more sensitive, or user adjustable. A tank water heater may be able to deliver more water all at once, but once the tank starts to deplete things get cold and pretty quickly come to a standstill while waiting for the tank to recover. Great ProductI use these tankless water heaters to replace old or failing water heaters in my apartments. This is my third Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus (the other 2 were lost in a house fire) and I couldn't recommend it more highly. 0000341048 00000 n - David, Very reliable performance We installed our Tempra 29 Plus in 2010 and the unit has worked flawlessly since we've owned it. Stiebel Eltron 224199 240V, 1 Phase, 50/60 Hz, 24 kW Tempra 24 Plus Whol. We have saved 10% on our first energy bill. Have noticed a slight increase in electric bill but, it's worth it to not have to worry about running out of water! Ans- It gets enough power if you go with 2-40 amp breakers (240 volts), or for 208 volts go with 2 unit of 35 amp breakers, number of runs and copper wire is 2 x 8/2 AWG. For full installation instructions download the Stiebel Eltron Tempra Installation Guide. But according to the website, it is not needed. Super tech support, documentation was first rate. Hot water needs vary from home to home. You can't go wrong with this unit as we have had great success for the 1.5 years we have been using it. 0000019218 00000 n Tempra Plus tankless water heaters can be set to limit the maximum hot water temperature to 109F. $28 /mo* Tankless Water Heater, GASLAND Outdoors BE158B 1.58GPM 6L Portable Gas W. $189.99 $169.99 . One of the reasons I converted is wasted energy on a tank, and now it seems the waste was just shifted to water use. We live in Indiana and it works perfectly. Great ProductI use these tankless water heaters to replace old or failing water heaters in my apartments. This feature is particularly useful when a smaller unit than normal must be installed due to inadequate electrical service, or in cold climates. It worked perfectly the moment it was commissioned and performs the same on every use. It also features two different temperature memory presets, making it easy to adjust for personalized needs. 0000489350 00000 n Very good quality - A Creation By Mario, Second one.Everything was find, this is our second one. Conforms to Can/CSA Std. We've had readily available limitless hot water since we installed the Tempra 20 Plus system one week ago. I had two 30 amp breakers and they had the only good looking tankless for a 2 x 30 amp. Tempra Plus features exclusive Advanced Flow Control , invented by Stiebel Eltron and awarded German patent DE 3805441 C2 and other patents The Best: Tankless Electric Water Heating While every Stiebel Eltron model delivers superior performance, the Tempra Plus series represents the industry's high-point of tankless water heater innovation. Hopefully it continues this performance over the long haul. Some codes require use of electrical sub-panel for installation, especially when heater is not mounted within line-of-sight of the main electrical panel. 0000003670 00000 n Very good quality - A Creation By Mario, Second one.Everything was find, this is our second one. It is a good idea to go with an adequately sized unit it a small home or apartment that is situated in an area where there is a large fluctuation in incoming water temperature from summer to winter . This article focuses on, one of the highest rated whole house electric tankless water heaters from the German maker Stiebel with respect to the pros and cons. I was able to return the unit. We are so pleased with our decision to go to an electric tankless water heater and definitely with Stiebel Eltron. This unit has been very efficient for our family and still operates as well now as it did the day we put it into use. In terms of operating costs, the household hydro bill is slightly higher, but very reasonable. But according to the website, it is not needed. It is durable, consistent and installation is easy in case you are ready to give up warranty condition. Tempra Plus Whole House Electric Tankless Water Heaters .pdf, file size: 303.84 KB Tempra Trend Whole House Electric Tankless Water Heaters .pdf, file size: 303.84 KB DHC-E Plus Point-of-Use Electric Tankless Water Heaters This thing was amazing! Yes, digital temperature control and full power modulation based on flow rate and incoming water temperature. I purchased this unit 2 years ago for my farm a to replace a 26 year old water tank. In addition, installing low-flow showerheads and flow-reducing sink aerators, coupled with optimising your personal water usage habits can result in savings much greater than the typical 15-20%. If you have correct gauge wiring and breaker size, then this electrical work is simple with the help of videos and installation booklet. 0000025092 00000 n 208 - 240 volts / single phase / 50 - 60 Hz, 2 x 40 AMP (240 volt, double pole breakers), 7 years against leakage / 3 years against defects in workmanship & materials, ETL Listed (US & Canada) - meets all applicable standards, including ANSI/UL 499 (USA) and CSA-E335-1/3E-94 (Canada), microprocessor-based thermostatic temperature control (flow rate and temperature modulating) with thermal hi-limit cut-out switch monitoring each heating module. This 90-year-old German company has done much experiment with water heaters and has a range of different kinds. Yes, dynamic flow control technology automatically adjusts the flow of water when the unit's sensors detect that the flow demand is exceeding the heater's capacity. If it lasts 15 years with this performance, I will be very happy. 0000015303 00000 n If you live at a place with 45 degrees to 65-degree temperature, looking for a tankless compact, durable water heater, need an indoor unit, do not like the venting inside the home concept than Stiebel Eltron Tempra 20 plus Electric Tankless Whole House Water Heater. I can do both at the same time now! 0000074284 00000 n Stiebel Eltron 20 Trend Tankless Water Heater . But a simple service call with a plumber would suffice, for sure. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); What are the electrical requirements for installing this unit? The correct size Tempra largely depends on the temperature of the ground water and the number of bathrooms in a house. The water is hot more quickly and it is great to have an endless supply of hot water. Water gets sufficiently hot for all purposes, but the heater cannot supply adequately more than one outlet at a time, for the water flow gets too low. It disappoints with temperature- Some complains it did not function accordingly with the high demand for water. The odd time, we'll adjust the temperature up or down a few degrees, but it has been hanging on the storage room wall untouched for the most part. - Bill Murchie, SE Tempra 20 PlusMy unit is still performing well as expected five months after installation. One of the reasons I converted is wasted energy on a tank, and now it seems the waste was just shifted to water use. If you have a large family and need a lot of reliable hot water, and not wanting to worry about showers going cold after 15 minutes of use and waiting an hour for the traditional method of your water tank to fill up for the next shower.then by all means, do yourself a favour and buy a unit.

Tehama County Obituaries, Are Angus Macfadyen And Matthew Macfadyen Related, Articles S

stiebel eltron tempra 20 plus